9 PM Eye Drop 2.5ml (0.005%)
Latanoprost + Benzalkonium Chloride
|Generic For||Xalatan Eye Drops|
|Generic Name||Latanoprost + Benzalkonium Chloride|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Bottle/s||US$ 21.00||US$ 21.00|
|3 Bottle/s||US$ 17.83||US$ 53.5015%US$ 63.00|
|6 Bottle/s||US$ 16.33||US$ 98.0022%US$ 126.00|
About the drug:
The active ingredients of the drug are Latanoprost – Benzalkonium Chloride. It is an antiseptic drug which prevents any kind of eye infection.
Uses of the drug:
Latanoprost – Benzalkonium Chloride is mainly prescribed for the treatment of glaucoma and any other causes of high IOP.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by reducing the amount of fluid in the eye and thereby lowering any pressure inside the eye. It is also used to treat and prevent any eye infection
The manufacturer of 9 PM Eye Drop - 2.5ml (0.005%) is Cooper Pharma, India. You can purchase 9 PM Eye Drop - 2.5ml (0.005%) online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength
- 9 PM Eye Drop - 2.5ml (0.005%)
- Xalatan Eye Drops - Eye drop of 0.005% (2.5 ml)
Before you use this drug:
Do not use drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have any kind of infection or discomfort in the eye
- Are applying any other eye drop
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are suffering from any other ailments
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby
How much to use the drug?
The recommended dose of the medicine depends on several factors such as severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on. The dose will be fixed by your doctor only after examining you thoroughly.
How to use the drug?
The drug is to be used in the manner described by your doctor and also in the quantity prescribed by your doctor. You must not alter the dose under any circumstances. Do not wear contact lenses immediately after application of the medicine. A minimum gap off 15 minutes should be there between application and wearing the contact lenses. Was your hand properly before applying the medicine. Also, be careful not to touch the tip of the medication bottle.
For how long to use it?
The medicine is to be used for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Overdose of the medicine should be avoided as it may lead to side effects. However, in case of overdose of the medicine you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
In case of missed dose you must apply the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose. Using the medicine at the same time each day will reduce the chance of missing any dose of the medicine.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Dropping eyelid
- Blurred vision
- Burning or stinging in eye
- Dry eyes
- Bitter or unusual taste in your mouth
- Feeling like something is in your eyes
If the side effects do not subside after some time then you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
Sometimes application of the medicine can result in some serious side effects such as:
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye discomfort
- Swelling or redness in the eye
- Crusting of your eyes or eye lids
- Signs of infection such as sore throat, chills, fever and so on
In case of serious side effects you must get medical attention as soon as you can.
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain medicines that may interact with the working of the medicines hence they should not be applied together. It is best if you provide a list of the medicines that you are taking or using currently to your doctor so that he can check for possible drug interaction. Also let him know in case you are allergic to any medicine.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Using too much of the medicine may reduce its effectiveness reducing the eye pressure. Hence use only the prescribed quantity as mentioned by your doctor.
- Do not use any other eye drop when you are using Latanoprost – Benzalkonium Chloride ophthalmic solution unless and until it has been prescribed by your doctor.
- Remove your contact lenses before application of the medicine and always wash your hands properly before applying the medicine.