|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Tube/s||US$ 11.50||US$ 11.50|
|3 Tube/s||US$ 9.00||US$ 27.0022%US$ 34.50|
|6 Tube/s||US$ 8.25||US$ 49.5028%US$ 69.00|
Adaferin gel 0.1% is a prescription medication for acne. The active ingredient in the drug is Adapalene, which is a topical agent used in the treatment of severe acne. The main purpose of medicine is to treat acne. Adapalene belongs to the class of medicine called retinoids. It mainly works by decreasing inflammation and swelling and also by affecting the growth of cells. It helps the cells to rebuild.
Do not use this drug if you are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients of the drug.
Pre-inform your doctor in case you are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breastfeeding your baby. let your doctor know about any other medicine that you have been using so that he can check for possible drug interaction. Inform if you are allergic to any skincare products, or are suffering from any other ailments
Here are a few things to remember while using Adaferin gel:
- It is best to avoid prolonged exposure to the sun as it may result in some side effects. Wear sunscreen and wear protective clothing when outdoors.
- Avoid chemical depilatories for hair removal, waxing, electrolysis on the treated area while using the product.
- In case you have used products containing resorcinol, sulfur or salicylic acid recently, then you must use the medicine with caution.
- Use the medicine on the skin only. Do not apply it inside the mouth, nose or inner lip area.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from heat, light, and moisture.
Drug interaction may change the way of how the medicine works and may also result in some serious side effects. It is best to keep a list of the products that are used by you so that you can provide it to your doctor who can check for any possible drug interaction. Here is a list of the products that may interact with the gel:
- Products containing alpha-hydroxy acids
- Hair perming solutions
- Products containing glycolic acid
- Alcohol/menthol/lime-containing products
- Abrasive or medicated soaps and cleansers
- Cosmetics and soaps with a strong drying effect
- Resorcinol or salicylic acid
- Products containing sulfur
Some of the common side effects that may happen when the medicine is applied are itching, scaling, skin redness, mild burning, or worsening of acne The above situation usually persists for 2-4 days and then it subsides. In case the side effects persist then you must visit your doctor as soon as possible. In case of serious side effects such as rash, severe allergic reaction, swelling of tongue, throat or face, trouble breathing, severe dizziness, and the likes you must get medical help as soon as possible. The above list is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well:
- Phenothiazines such as chlorpromazine
- Sulfa drugs such as sulfamethoxazole
- Thiazide water pills such as hydrochlorothiazide
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact. There may be other medicines too.
The dose of the medicine depends upon the severity of the condition and will be recommended by your doctor after examining you thoroughly. Usually a thin layer of the medicine is applied to the area after cleaning it thoroughly.The area in which the medicine will be applied should be cleaned completely. You should wash your hands too. Dry the skin gently using a clean towel and after that, the gel should be applied. A thin layer of gel needs to be applied in the affected area. It is best to apply the gel in evening or night time when you are planning to stay indoors. Also, one should not apply any other skincare products after application of gel at least for some time.
The medicine is to be used for the prescribed period and should not be stopped in between. It is important to note that it may take up to 8 to 12 weeks to notice results. Also, during the first few weeks after the medicine is applied your acne may appear worse. This happens as the medicine is working on the pimples that are forming inside the skin.
It is best to apply the medicine at the same time every day so that the chance of missing the dose is rare. In case of missed dose, you should apply it as soon as you remember provided the time for the next dose is not very near.