|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.25||US$ 7.50|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.18||US$ 11.0027%US$ 15.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.16||US$ 14.5036%US$ 22.50|
Angizem is a prescription medicine used to manage angina resulting from coronary artery spasms. It is also used to manage effort-associated angina (chest pain). Angizem contains Diltiazem, a calcium channel blocker, which relaxes the arteries, lowering blood pressure. The calcium channel blocker ease chest pain by preventing the narrowing of blood vessels. The medicine is not recommended for use in children.
Angizem is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Patients with sick sinus syndrome except in the presence of a functioning ventricular pacemaker
- Patients who demonstrated hypersensitivity to Diltiazem
- Patients with acute myocardial infarction and pulmonary congestion
- Patients with hypotension
- Patients with second- or third-degree AV block (heart block) except in the presence of a functioning ventricular pacemaker
Before you use Angizem 30 mg, talk to your doctor if:
- You have heart, liver, or kidney disorder
- You have very low blood pressure
- You have high blood sugar or diabetes
- You are 65 years or older
- You have ever had a bad or unusual reaction to any drug containing Diltiazem
Alcohol may cause low blood pressure and dizziness when you stand from sitting or lying. This is especially common after the first dose and when the dose is decreased. Let your doctor know if you experience fainting, dizziness, light-headedness, decreased blood pressure, or increased heart rate.
When consumed too often while taking Diltiazem, Grapefruit juice may cause irregular heartbeat, swelling, headache, unexplained weight gain, and chest pain. Inform your doctor if it happens to you. Your doctor may ask you to avoid grapefruit juice if this is the case.
As with most pharmaceutical agents, interactions with other drugs are possible. Talk to your doctor about all the medicines you take, including drugs prescribed by other doctors, minerals, vitamins, natural supplements, or alternative medicines. Additional monitoring may be required if you are taking any of the following drugs as these medications may interact with Diltiazem:
- Medications used to control the immune system such as cyclosporine
- Sleeping pills such as midazolam, triazolam
- Other blood pressure medicines such as alpha antagonists, beta-blockers
- Heart medications including digoxin, nifedipine, quinidine, amiodarone, Ivabradine, verapamil, flecainide, propafenone
- Drugs that dilate the blood vessels- these include short and long-acting nitrates
- Lithium and imipramine are used for some types of mental illness
- Medications to control seizures
- Anticoagulants such as warfarin
- cholesterol-lowering medication-statins
- Medications to control stomach ulcers
- Drugs to treat inflammation
- Dantrolene is used for severe muscle spasms and severe fever
- Calcium containing supplements
Side effects may include:
Headache, malaise, nausea, flushing, upset stomach, unusual tiredness and weakness, low blood pressure
Symptoms include: Dizziness, fainting, light-headedness, fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat, peripheral oedema, respiratory tract infection
Serious side effects include depression, allergic reaction, Heart block, heart attack, heart failure, and eye problems. Talk to your doctor if any of these affect you or persist for longer. Keep the medicine out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not miss doses or take extra doses unless your doctor advises you. If you do not understand the directions or are not clear about the usage instructions, ask your doctor.
To treat chronic stable angina or vasospastic angina in adults, take the usual starting dose, i.e. 30 mg tablet four times a day, before meals and bedtime. Your doctor may increase your dose if needed to improve your condition. Do not break or crush the tablet.
If you have unstable Angina Pectoris and are in the Intensive care unit, your doctor will determine your dose and how often you will use it.
Contact a doctor if you think you have taken too much of the Angizem 30 mg.