Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Intas Pharmaceuticals, India|
About the drug:
Atenolol is a beta adrenergic receptor blocker widely used as an antihypertensive medicine. It prevents chest pain and improves survival of a heart attack. It relaxes the blood vessels and reduces the blood pressure & heart rate.
Uses of the drug:
Atenolol is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain and heart attack. It is often recommended post heart attack.
Working of the drug:
Atenolol is a beta blocker and is one of the most common drugs given in the hypertension.
Atenolol gets bind with beta receptors in the heart and vascular smooth muscles and inhibits their action. This all results in following effects:
• Relaxes the blood vessels and aids smooth arterial blood flow
• Effortless pumping of blood out of the heart and around the body
• Reduces high level of blood pressure
• Provides oxygen by decreasing energy used by the heart to pump blood around the body
• Reduces workload of the heart and amount of oxygen needed to pump the blood around the body
Improves survival and prevents future heart attack by correcting improper electrical activity of heart blood vessels resulting in fast or slow heartbeat
Atenolol is manufactured by Intas Pharma, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites various pack sizes. You can buy aten 25 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage forms and strengths:
Atenolol tablets are available in the following strengths on our website:
• Aten 25 mg
• Aten 50 mg
• Aten 100 mg, etc.
Before you take the drug:
• Do not take the drug if you:
Are allergic to Atenolol or any other ingredient of the drug
Have blood circulation problems like Raynaud’s disease or peripheral vascular disease
Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
• Tell your doctor if you:
Have hypotension or low blood pressure
Having heart problems like sick sinus syndrome, bradycardia and blockage in heart
Have congestive heart failure
Have a hypo or hyperthyroidism
Have myasthenia gravis
Have kidney disease
Have any other heart problems, etc.
How much to take the drug?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. The general recommended dose is 50 mg and is given once a day. The effect is shown within 1 or 2 weeks and dose can be increased up to 100 mg depending upon the patient’s condition and demand. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
How to take the drug?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Atenolol is taken once daily with or without food. It is the best way to take medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug. You can buy aten 25 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
For how long to take it?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
- Unexplained weight gain
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Red skin rash
- Pale color
- Sweating or confusion
- Rapid heart rate
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
• Weakness and tired feeling
Serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
• Fast heartbeat
• Abdominal pain
• Shortness of breath
• Pain in arms or shoulders
• Cold feeling in hands and feet
• General illness
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. This way, doctor is able to give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Atenolol so that you can avoid them. Here are a few ones to avoid while taking Atenolol:
• Diet pills
• Cold medicines, etc.
Things to remember:
• Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
• Don’t use the expired medicine
• Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
• Patients having diabetes may not feel a clinical symptom of fast heart beat due to Atenolol. Other low blood sugar symptoms like dizziness, sweating remains unaffected with this drug. So, it is recommended to check your blood sugar levels on regular basis.