Azee 1000 mg Azithromycin is an azalide macrolide antibiotic that is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections
|Pack Size||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|6 Tablet/s||US$ 1.85||US$ 11.11|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 1.85||US$ 55.57|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 1.72||US$ 103.347%US$ 111.10|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 1.66||US$ 149.4710%US$ 166.65|
About the drug
Azithromycin is an azalide macrolid antibiotic that is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections. It is an erythromycin derivative and is effective against various bacteria like Chlamydia pneumonia, Eikenella corrodens, Escherichia coli, Haemophilus influenza, Moraxella catarrhalis etc.
Uses of the drug:
Azithromycin is used to treat the conditions such as ear infections, respiratory tract infections, skin infections, sexually transmitted bacterial disease, urinary tract infections, Urethritis, Cervicitis, tonsillitis etc. antibiotics are meant for acting on the bacteria. But it does not work on viruses that cause other allergies like cold and flu.
Working of the drug:
Azithromycin is a bacteriostatic antibiotic. This nature means it prevents the growth of the bacteria by hindering the cell division process and translation process. It aims to stops the reproduction process of bacteria. It interferes in the process of protein synthesis process. Azithromycin binds with the 50 S ribosomal unit of protein and stops the translation process of mRNA.
Azee 1000 mg tablet is manufacture by Cipla, India. You can buy Azee 1000 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength on our website:
- Azee 1000 mg tablets
- Azee 500 mg
- Azee 250 mg
- Azee DT 100 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant and if you are not then use all the methods to prevent pregnancy
- Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk and harm the newborn
- Have diabetes
- Have had any emergency treatment or surgery
- Have any other skin infection
- Have Myasthenia Gravis
- Have Arrhythmia
How much to take the drug?
The dosage is only decided by the doctor after the proper assessing of the condition of the patient and various factors such as disease condition, age and body weight. The dose cannot be fixed as it varies from patient to patient. Always take the dose as prescribed by the Doctor.
How to take the drug?
Take Azithromycin medication strictly as advised by your doctor. Swallow the whole tablet with full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer it for complete details about the medication. Do not change the dose or schedule of this medication under any situation, unless or otherwise advised by your doctor.
For how long to take it?
Take the medicine as long as prescribed. Do not continue to use this medication after the period for which it was prescribed is over.
In case of an overdose of Azithromycin, get emergency medical attention or call the doctor immediately.
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. It is not necessary that all the people will encounter same side effects. The side effects may vary from person to person. Azithromycin shows common side effects such as:
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Mouth sores
- Extreme tiredness
- Pain in the upper part of the stomach or Abdominal pain
- Blisters and peeling of skin
- Mild abdominal pain and discomfort
- Vaginal itching or discharge
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Watery or bloody diarrhea
- Chest pain
- Red or purplish skin rash, blistering and peeling of skin
- Swollen face, throat and tongue
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Azithromycin. Drugs enlisted below may interact with Azithromycin and can hinder its normal functioning:
- Arsenic trioxide
- BCG vaccine live
- Procainamide, etc.
Things to remember:
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Avoid the intake of antacids (Aluminum and Magnesium) along with it as it may reduce its efficacy
- Azithromycin can cause diarrhea, stop taking the medicine and consult your doctor if you experience watery and bloody diarrhea
- Never share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine