Azee 250mg Azithromycin is an azalide macrolide antibiotic that is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections
Out Of Stock
Azee 250 mg
Azee is an antibiotic medication having bacteriostatic action. It is formulated to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat, ear, sinus, lung, windpipes, and soft tissues. The medication aim is to stop the growth of bacteria and prevents the infection from spreading.
Uses of Azee
Azee contains Azithromycin, which is an azalide macrolide antibiotic. It is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections. It is an erythromycin derivative and is effective against various bacteria like Chlamydia pneumonia, Eikenella corrodens, Escherichia coli, Haemophilus influenza, Moraxella catarrhalis etc. The medicine is used to treat the conditions such as ear infections, respiratory tract infections, skin infections, sexually transmitted bacterial disease, urinary tract infections, Urethritis, Cervicitis, tonsillitis etc. antibiotics are meant for acting on the bacteria. But it does not work on viruses that cause other allergies like cold and flu.
Working of Azee
Azee contains Azithromycin, which is a bacteriostatic antibiotic. This nature means it prevents the growth of the bacteria by hindering the cell division process and translation process. It aims to stops the reproduction process of bacteria. It interferes in the process of protein synthesis process. Azithromycin binds with the 50 S ribosomal unit of protein and stops the translation process of mRNA.
Azee 250 mg is manufactured by Cipla, well known Pharmaceutical company and is available on our website in a various pack size of tablets.
Azee supplies in the form of a tablet in 250 mg strength.
Do not take Azee if you:
- Have an allergy to the active ingredient present in it i.e. Azithromycin
- Have jaundice or another liver disease
- Have any heart problems
- Are having Myasthenia Gravis
- Have Arrhythmia
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How to take?
Always take the medicine as instructed by the doctor or pharmacist. Don’t consume the medicine in a greater amount. The intake of dosage varies from patient to patient. So, the doctor will recommend the best therapeutic dose for you. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
How much to take?
The dosage is only decided by the doctor after the proper assessing of the condition of the patient and various factors such as disease condition, age, and body weight. The dose cannot be fixed as it varies from patient to patient. Always take the dose as prescribed by the doctor.
For how long to use Azee?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
Side Effects of Azee:
Every medicine shows some side effects, the same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. It is not necessary that all the people will encounter the same side effects. The side effects may vary from person to person. Azee shows common side effects such as:
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- A headache
- Mouth sores
- Extreme tiredness
- Pain in the upper part of the stomach or Abdominal pain
- Blisters and peeling of skin
- Mild abdominal pain and discomfort
- Vaginal itching or discharge
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Watery or bloody diarrhea
- Chest pain
- Red or purplish skin rash, blistering, and peeling of skin
- Swollen face, throat, and tongue
Common Drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or nonprescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, the doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Azithromycin. Drugs enlisted below may interact with Azee 250 mg and can hinder its normal functioning:
- Arsenic trioxide
- BCG vaccine live
Hence, the patient must avoid taking this medicine in combination with this antibacterial drug.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription.
- Don’t use the expired drug.
- Avoid the intake of antacids (Aluminum and Magnesium) along with it as it may reduce its efficacy.
- Azithromycin can cause diarrhea, stop taking the medicine and consult your doctor if you experience watery and bloody diarrhea.
- Never share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms.
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat, and light.
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug.
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine.