Azee DT 100mg
Azee DT 100 mg Azithromycin is an azalide macrolide antibiotic that is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.62||US$ 18.50|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.56||US$ 33.4610%US$ 37.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.54||US$ 48.9412%US$ 55.50|
Azithromycin is an azalide macrolid antibiotic that is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections. It is an erythromycin derivative and is effective against various bacteria like Chlamydia pneumonia, Eikenella corrodens, Escherichia coli, Haemophilus influenza, Moraxella catarrhalis etc. Azithromycin is used to treat the conditions such as ear infections, respiratory tract infections, skin infections, sexually transmitted bacterial disease, urinary tract infections, Urethritis, Cervicitis, tonsillitis etc. antibiotics are meant for acting on the bacteria. But it does not work on viruses that cause other allergies like cold and flu.
Understanding the drug
Azithromycin is an antibiotic having bacteriostatic action.
How it works?
Azithromycin is a bacteriostatic antibiotic. This nature means it prevents the growth of the bacteria by hindering the cell division process and translation process. It aims to stops the reproduction process of bacteria. It interferes in the process of protein synthesis process. Azithromycin binds with the 50 S ribosomal unit of protein and stops the translation process of mRNA.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this drug if you:
- Have any allergy to the active ingredient present in it i.e. Azithromycin
- Have jaundice or other liver disease
- Have any heart problems
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breast feeding
- Are having Myasthenia Gravis
- Have Arrhythmia
How much to take?
The dosage is only decided by the doctor after the proper assessing of the condition of the patient and various factors such as disease condition, age and body weight. The dose cannot be fixed as it varies from patient to patient. Always take the dose as prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Azithromycin is available in four strength combination on our website:
- Azee DT 100 mg
- Azee 250 mg
- Azee 500 mg
- Azee 1000 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Azithromycin is manufactured by Cipla, well known Pharmaceutical company and is available on our website in various pack size of tablets.
How to take?
Azithromycin should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the whole tablet with full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet.
When to take?
Always take the medicine as instructed by the doctor or pharmacist. Don’t consume the medicine in a greater amount. The intake of dosage varies from patient to patient. So, the doctor will recommend the best therapeutic dose for you. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
In case of overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any bizarre reaction.
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day. This reduces the chances of missing dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. It is not necessary that all the people will encounter same side effects. The side effects may vary from person to person. Azithromycin shows common side effects such as:
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Mouth sores
- Extreme tiredness
- Pain in the upper part of the stomach or Abdominal pain
- Blisters and peeling of skin
- Mild abdominal pain and discomfort
- Vaginal itching or discharge
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Watery or bloody diarrhea
- Chest pain
- Red or purplish skin rash, blistering and peeling of skin
- Swollen face, throat and tongue
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Azithromycin. Drugs enlisted below may interact with Azithromycin and can hinder its normal functioning:
- Arsenic trioxide
- BCG vaccine live
Hence, the patient must avoid taking this medicine in combination with Azithromycin.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription.
- Don’t use the expired drug.
- Avoid the intake of antacids (Aluminum and Magnesium) along with it as it may reduce its efficacy.
- Azithromycin can cause diarrhea, stop taking the medicine and consult your doctor if you experience watery and bloody diarrhea.
- Never share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms.
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light.
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug.
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine.