|Manufacturer||Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 1.50||US$ 45.0023%US$ 58.58|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 1.38||US$ 83.0029%US$ 117.16|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 1.33||US$ 120.0032%US$ 175.74|
Azithral 500 mg is an antibacterial drug used to treat mild to moderate infections caused by susceptible bacteria. It is effective in treating the following conditions:
- Acute bacterial sinusitis in adults
- Acute bacterial worsening of chronic bronchitis in adults
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure in adults
- Genital ulcer disease in men
- Urethritis and cervicitis in adults
- Acute otitis (ear infections) media in paediatric patients
- Pharyngitis/tonsilitis (infected throat and tonsils) in adults and paediatric patients
- Community-acquired pneumonia in adults and paediatric patients
Azithra 500 mg should not be given to people with pneumonia who cannot take oral medication because of moderate to severe illness or risk factors.
Do not take Azithral 500 mg if you are allergic to certain antibiotics, including Azithromycin and erythromycin. Avoid taking the antibacterial drug if you have a history of cholestatic jaundice or liver dysfunction with Azithromycin.
Before taking this antibacterial drug, tell your doctor if you have pneumonia, cystic fibrosis, liver problems, kidney disease, irregular heartbeat, muscle weakness, or other medical conditions. Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is still not known if Azithromycin will harm your unborn baby. You should immediately make a call to your doctor if you are giving Azithral pill to a child six weeks of age and they vomit or become irritable when fed. Inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription, vitamins, and herbal products. Especially, tell your doctor if you take digoxin, nelfinavir, phenytoin, a blood thinner, and an antacid that contain aluminium and magnesium.
The most common side effects of Azithral 500 include vomiting, stomach, and stomach pain. Azithromycin can cause serious side effects, including serious allergic reactions:
The symptoms include trouble breathing, skin rash, throat tightness, rapid heartbeat, swelling of the lips, swollen lymph nodes, faintness, new onset of fever
- Liver damage: The symptoms include weakness, nausea, vomiting, itching, unusual tiredness, loss of appetite, stomach pain, dark coloured urine, changes in the bowel movements
- Serious heart rhythm changes:
- Worsening of muscle weakness: Symptoms include muscle weakness and breathing issues
- Diarrhea: Tell your doctor if you have watery diarrhoea that does not go away or have bloody stools.
Take Azithral 500 mg exactly as advised by your doctor to avoid unwanted side effects. It can be taken before or after consuming food. Do not skip doses or discontinue treatment, even if you feel better until you finish your prescribed treatment unless you develop a serious allergic reaction or the doctor tells you to stop taking Azithromycin tablets. If you miss doses or do not complete the full course, your treatment may not work well, and your infection may become difficult to treat. Azithromycin is not suitable for patients with viral infections such as the common cold. It is unknown if the antibacterial drug is safe and effective for genital ulcers in women.