Out Of Stock
About the drug
Betamethasone comes under the class of drugs called corticosteroids with immunosuppressive and anti-inflammatory properties. It provides relief from the pruritic and inflammatory signs of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses in adults and children older than 13 years. The drug inhibits the body’s immune system responses and easing swelling and allergic reactions. It prevents the release of certain chemicals in the body that cause inflammation.
Uses of the drug:
Betamethasone is used to treat the following skin conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Ulcerative colitis
- Skin conditions
- Respiratory diseases
Betamethasone may also be indicated for the conditions not listed in this document. Consult your doctor before taking the medicine
Working of the drug
Betamethasone is known to suppress inflammation and the normal immune response. It has numerous immense metabolic effects. The drug also suppresses adrenal function; it is used as a replacement therapy in adrenal insufficiency.
GSK is the manufacturer of the drug Betnesol 05 mg. It is one of the world’s premier biopharmaceutical companies.
Dosage form and strengths
The drug is available in the form of tablets and cream in the following strengths:
- Betnesol 0.5 mg
- Betnovate cream-0.10% (20 gm)
Buy Betnesol 0.5 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- You are allergic to Betamethasone, other inactive components of the medicine, or other corticosteroids.
- Have active untreated infections
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant or a nursing woman
- Have a background of kidney and liver diseases
How much to take the drug?
The dosage of Betamethasone depends upon various factors such as your age, sex, weight, tolerability towards the medicine, and your response to the treatment. Therefore, the correct dose will be determined by your doctor. Take your medicine in the same way as prescribed by the doctor.
How to take the drug?
Betamethasone is to be used as directed by the doctor. You should not use this medication for any other condition other than for which it was prescribed. A doctor’s dosing instructions or those printed on the medication label should be followed closely.
For how long to take it?
The medicine should not be taken for longer than the recommended period. Take it till the period, it is prescribed.
In case of an overdose of Betamethasone tablets, call your doctor immediately, or get emergency medical help.
If a dose of Betamethasone is missed, the prescribing veterinarian should be contacted for further instructions.
Side effects of the drug:
The side effects of Betamethasone are much more common with high dose or long term treatment. Contact your doctor if you experience any unwanted effect while taking the drug. The following are the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine:
- Central nervous system- headache, restlessness, depression, personality changes, euphoria,
- Gastrointestinal tract- nausea, anorexia, vomiting, peptic ulceration
- Cardiovascular system- hypertension
- Metabolic disorders- weight gain and weight loss
- Dermatolical issues- hirsuitism, acne, fragility, petechiae, ecchymoses, and wound healing
- Musculoskeletal disorders- osteoporosis, muscle pain, muscle wasting, and avascular necrosis of joints
This is not the complete list of side effects. Consult your doctor if you experience any adverse effect that troubles you.
Common drug interactions:
Inform your doctor if you are taking medicine of any of the following drug categories:
- Loop diuretics
- Oral hypoglycemic agents
- Live-virus vaccines
- Oral contraceptives
This is not the complete list of medicines; there may be other that can affect the working of Betamethasone. Ask your doctor for the complete list of drugs.
Things to remember:
- Other corticosteroid-containing products should be avoided during the treatment with Betamethasone
- Care should be taken to keep Betnesol tablets away from extreme cold or heat
- The medicine should be stored in a light resistant container