Budecort Inhaler 100 mcg (200 mdi)
|Generic For||Pulmicort Inhaler|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Inhaler||US$ 11.00||US$ 11.00|
|3 Inhaler||US$ 8.03||US$ 24.1027%US$ 33.00|
|6 Inhaler||US$ 7.62||US$ 45.7031%US$ 66.00|
About the drug:
Budecort Inhaler comprises of Budesonide a corticosteroid that exhibits anti inflammatory properties. This drug acts directly on the airways and decreases the inflammation. This improves your condition and prevents asthma attack from recurrence. The inflamed and narrow airways make the breathing difficulties. Budecort Inhaler clears the passage of airways and facilitates smooth breathing. This medicine is administered in an Inhaler form. It is a portable device used for releasing the medication into the body via the lungs. Metered dose inhaler is a form of inhaler in which fixed dose of the drug is present in an aerosol form. This dosage form exerts rapid action with least side effects. They act on the target site and produce the action. The inhaled maximal effect takes place within five to 20 minutes of dosing. It is one of the most recommended drugs used in the prevention of Asthma.
Uses of the drug:
Budecort Inhaler is a long term therapy of asthma and helps in managing the problem of asthma in long term.
Working of the drug:
It contains one active ingredient Budesonide. It is a synthetic potent glucocorticoid which exerts anti-inflammatory properties.
This medicine directly goes into the airways and lungs and produces its effect. It prevents the signs and symptoms of asthma. It has anti-inflammatory action and acts on the inflamed airways. This reduces the inflammation by scavenging harmful mediators of inflammation and causes narrowing of the airways. This way, it facilitates smooth breathing and avoids constriction of airways. It is recommended to be used daily as it prevents the development of asthma symptoms.
Budecort Inhaler is manufactured by Cipla, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website and you can buy Budecort Inhaler online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strength:
Budecort Inhalers are available in following strength combination having an active ingredient Budesonide in it:
Budecort Inhaler 100 mg
Budecort Inhaler 200 mg
Before taking the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients present in Budecort Inhaler
- Are pregnant or breast feeding mother
- Tell your doctor if you:
- Have a history of tuberculosis, liver disease and osteoporosis
- Have a history of pulmonary tuberculosis
- Have chest, eye and mouth infection
How much to take the drug?
Commonly, 1 to 4 puffs twice a day is recommended for the adults and for children 1 to 2 puffs twice a day. The dose can vary widely and is required to be taken on a regular basis. Always follow doctor’s instructions. The dose intake is prescribed by the doctor depending upon the severity and demand of the disease condition.
How to take the drug?
Do not swallow Budecort Inhaler. Following are the ways to take the medicine:
- Always check the mouthpiece before using, it should always be clean and dirt free
- Shake the inhaler by holding it in an upright position
- Breathe out the air and completely empty your lungs
- Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips
- Take a deep breath through your mouth and press the canister to get puff of the medicine
- Remove the inhaler and continue to hold your breath for 10 seconds
- Breathe out through the nose
- Replace the cap and if needed take the second step by repeating steps mentioned above
The leaflet is given in which full information about the drug and its apt way of using is clearly written. Just go through once and then take the medicine. If you have any doubt related to the drug and its usage talk to your Doctor.
Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor. He will decide and tell you how many puffs to be taken each time. Always try to take the dose at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose.
For how long to take it?
Do not stop taking Budecort Inhaler or change the dose without consulting with your doctor. This drug is meant to be taken on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the doctor.
If overdose, talk to doctors or poisons information center for advice. Take medical help as soon as possible.
Consult your doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up.
Side effects of the drug:
Every medicine has some side effects; Budecort Inhaler has some mild and severe side effects also. Some commonly observed side effects are as follows:
- Sores in mouth
- Hoarse voice
- Oral thrush
- Pain in stomach
Some rare side effects associated with it are as follows:
- Swelling of the face
- Breathing difficulties
- Vision related problems like glaucoma and cataract
Common drug interactions:
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. Your doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking Budecort Inhaler. Some of the drugs which interact with Budecort Inhaler are as follows:
- Ritonavir, etc.
Things to remember:
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Avoid coming in contact with the people who are suffering from chicken pox and measles
- This drug doesn’t produce immediate relief so is not given during an acute asthma attack