- Why is this drug...
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.43||US$ 13.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.34||US$ 20.5021%US$ 26.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.30||US$ 27.0031%US$ 39.00|
About the drug:
Ciprofloxacin is the drug that is used to treat the infections caused by bacteria in the body. This drug belongs to a group of antibiotic drugs called Fluoroquinolones.
Uses of the drug:
The various bacterial infections treated using Ciplox are:
- Infections of the lower respiratory tract
- The abdomen, the skin, the bones and joint infections
- Urinary tract infections, including cystitis (bladder inflammation) in women
- Severe sinus or bronchial infections
- Infectious diarrhea
- Typhoid fever
- Infections of the prostate gland
- Sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea
Additionally, some doctors prescribe Ciprofloxacin for certain serious ear infections, tuberculosis, and some of the infections common in people with AIDS.
Working of the drug:
The antibiotic Ciprofloxacin works by killing the bacteria that cause the infection. It is effective against both the gram positive and gram negative bacterial cells. The drug hampers the cell replication process of bacteria, by inhibiting the function of DNA gyrase or type II topoisomerase enzymes that separates the bacterial DNA and prepares it for the replication process.
Ciplox Tablets (250 mg) is manufactured by Cipla, India. You can buy Ciplox 250 mg Tablets online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the Tablets form in the following strengths on our website:
- Ciplox tablets (100 mg)
- Ciplox tablets (250 mg)
- Ciplox tablets (500 mg)
- Ciplox tablets (750 mg)
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
- Have heart rhythm problems
- Have kidney disease
- Have seizures or epilepsy
- under 8 years of age
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have liver problem
- Have any serious heart complaint
- Have trouble swallowing this drug
- Have a history of brain injury
- Have low levels of potassium in blood
How much to take the drug?
Antibiotics shouldn't be taken without a doctor's prescription. Remember to follow the dosage set by your doctor. The drug is taken with a gap of 12 hours in between hence the drug should be taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor only. Do not take this drug less or more than the prescribed dose. Buy Ciplox 250 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
How to take the drug?
Ciprofloxacin may be taken with or without meals but is best tolerated when taken 2 hours after a meal. Drink plenty of fluids while taking this medication to prevent crystals from forming in your urine. The drug is taken two times a day, usually in the morning and evening with or without meals.
For how long to take?
The length of treatment with Ciprofloxacin depends upon the severity of infection. Generally, Ciprofloxacin should be continued for at least 2 days after the signs and symptoms of infection have disappeared. The usual length of time is 7 to 14 days; however, for severe and complicated infections, treatment may be prolonged. The following is the detail of the treatment:
- Bone and joint infections: treatment for 4 to 6 weeks or longer
- Infectious diarrhea: may be treated for 5 to 7 days
- Typhoid fever: is treated for 10 days
- Chronic prostate inflammation should be treated for 28 days
- Cystitis in women: takes 3 days of treatment
Symptoms of overdose are like:
Seek medical attention in case you find you have used more of this medicine or if you find any kind of discomfort after taking this medicine
If you miss a dose of Ciprofloxacin, take it as soon as you remember. Don't take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
Side effects of the drug:
Along with the benefits, most of the medicines have their unwanted side effects. It is not necessary that everyone will experience them. Some of the side effects may ward off automatically as your body becomes used to it or adjust itself accordingly.
Certain side effects include:
- Feeling tired and sleepy
- Feeling sick
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Intestinal inflammation
- Involuntary eye movement
- Irregular Nausea
- Sore throat or cough
- Tremors or weakness
Common drug interactions:
Drugs may interact with each other to produce certain unwanted effects like changing the way they work or increase the chances of side effects. Make a list of all the products you use and share it with your doctor.
If Ciprofloxacin is taken with certain other drugs, the effects of either could be increased, decreased, or altered. These drugs include:
- Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan)
- Cyclosporine (Sandimmune, Neoral)
- Glyburide Metoprolol
Things to remember:
- Avoid alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers as they may increase drowsiness
- Do not drive or work use tools or machines, i.e. don’t do that work which will require mental alertness as this medicine may cause drowsiness in some people
- Do not give this medicine to anyone else
- Dispose of all out-of- date or expired medicines