Climara 3.8 mg
Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||3m pharmaceuticals, USA|
About the drug:
Climara Patches contains Estriol. Estriol is a female hormone drug that generates the female sex hormone, estrogen, necessary for the smooth functioning of the biological system of women. It rectifies complications of the vagina that are brought about by a lack of estrogen in the body. It artificially produces the hormone, when the female body is unable to do so any longer, which usually happens after menopause, or after an operation to extract the ovaries. This drug is also effective in easing dryness and itching of the vagina, as well as reducing discomfort or pain during sexual intercourse.
Uses of the drug:
It is very effective in rectifying the complications of the female biological system. This drug helps to relieve the pain and dryness of the vaginal area.
Working of the drug:
In women, menopause occurs somewhere between the age of 45-55 years. After menopause the body produces less amount of estrogen. This can cause symptoms such as "hot flushes".
Estrogens are like the hormones produced by the ovaries before menopause, they can help to control the symptoms. Along with progesterone the estrogen is used to treat women who have had their uterus or "womb” removed.
Climara is manufactured by Bayer Schering Pharma, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Climara online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of Patches under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Climara 3.8 mg
- Climara Forte 7.6 mg
Buy Climara 3.8 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
You should not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to Estriol, soya or peanuts or any other ingredients this medication contains
- Are pregnant: You should not accidently consume Estriol (Climara Patches) if you get pregnant or even if you doubt that you might have become pregnant
- Are breast feeding as the Patches may get absorbed in the skin to affect the mother’s blood and milk glands
How to use it?
Transdermal patches are needed to be applied on the skin. A new patch is applied on the same day once in a week. These patches are applied once in a week. Patches are often applied buttocks, lower abdomen or hips. Do not apply them on the breasts or the same site of the skin twice in a row.
Procedure to apply:
- Choose a clean, dry, non-infected or non oily site of skin that is not directly exposed to sun
- Tear the pouch using a pair of scissors, never tear open the pouch as it may damage the patch and make it useless
- Remove the upper layer of the patch and apply the patch to the selected area.
- Using fingers press the patch to the site and make sure it is with held to your skin
- Apply the patches once in a week. Do not apply two patches at the same time. Replace after one week.
Missed the use:
Without any hesitation, apply the patch as soon as you remember it. Do not use extra patches to make up the missed dose.
What are the side effects?
- Frequent urination
- Gall bladder trouble
- Dark patches or red marks on the skin
- Bruises or swelling on the legs
- Memory loss
- Leg cramps
- Surplus vaginal discharge
- An itching aggravation in or around the vagina are some of the side effects caused by this drug.
- Headaches, feeling sick, skin rashes, tender breasts, sudden chest pain, and dizziness are other common occurrences. You could also face some grievances such as pre-menstrual symptoms, irregular heartbeats, breathing difficulties, and yellowing of the skin. Irrespective of whatever reaction you might experience, it is imperative that you immediately get in touch with your doctor.
Side effects of the drug:
Some drugs have the ability to render Conjugated estrogens less effective, while there are other drugs that could produce some serious side effects when coupled with Estriol. At all times keep your doctor in the loop about every prescription and other types of medications you are on, before taking this drug. Do not ever consider starting a new course of this drug without seeking your physician's advice first.
Things to remember:
Ask your doctor if this drug will restrict your efficiency while driving or operating heavy machinery, and accordingly take certain appropriate measures.
- This medicine is for topical use only and should not be swallowed
- Do not use the Patches after the date of expiry
- Do not use this Patches for any other complaints unless your doctor says to do so