Out Of Stock
About the drug:
Bisoprolol is a beta adrenergic receptor blocker widely used as an antihypertensive medicine. Beta blockers are the drugs that targets beta receptors present mainly in heart, airways, arteries, smooth muscles and kidneys. They decrease the work load of the heart and helps to beat more regularly and controls mild to moderate high blood pressure.
Uses of the drug:
Bisoprolol is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain and heart attack. It is often recommended as a secondary prevention of heart attack. It prevents chest pain and improves survival of a heart attack. It relaxes the blood vessels and reduces the blood pressure & heart rate.
Working of the drug:
Bisoprolol is a beta blocker and is one of the most recommended drugs given in the hypertension. Bisoprolol is a cardio selective beta 1 adrenergic receptor blocker and it gets bind with beta receptors in the heart and vascular smooth muscles and inhibits their action. This all results in following effects:
• Relaxes the blood vessels and aids smooth arterial blood flow
• Provides oxygen by decreasing energy used by the heart to pump blood around the body
• Reduces workload of the heart and amount of oxygen needed to pump the blood around the body
• Improves survival and prevents future heart attack by correcting improper electrical activity of heart blood vessels resulting in fast or slow heartbeat
Corbis is manufactured by Unichem Laboratories, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites and you can easily buy Corbis 2.5 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
Bisoprolol tablets are available in the following three strength combinations on our website:
• Corbis 2.5 mg
• Corbis 5 mg
• Corbis 10 mg
You can buy Corbis 2.5 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
• Do not take the drug if you:
Are allergic to Bisoprolol
Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breastmilk
• Tell your doctor if you:
Have hypotension or low blood pressure
Have liver or kidney disease
Having heart problems like sick sinus syndrome, bradycardia and blockage in heart
Are suffering from hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism
Have congestive heart failure
Have blood circulation problems like Raynaud’s disease or peripheral vascular disease
How much to take the drug?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. The general recommended dose is 5 mg for hypertension patients. In case of congestive heart failure, initial dose starts from 1.25 mg. The dose can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s condition and demand. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
Corbis is manufactured by Unichem Laboratories, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take the drug?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew the tablet. Bisoprolol is taken once daily with or without food. It is the best way to take medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
For how long to take it?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
• Unexplained weight gain
• Swelling of hands and feet
• Red skin rash
• Sudden hunger
• Blurred vision
• Pale color
• Sweating or confusion
• Rapid heart rate
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
• Weakness and tired feeling
Serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
• Fast heartbeat
• Abdominal pain
• Shortness of breath
• Pain in arms or shoulders
• Cold feeling in hands and feet
• General illness
Common drug interactions:
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. This way, doctor is able to give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Bisoprolol. here are a few drugs contraindicated with Bisprolol:
• Diabetes medication like Glimipride and Glypride
Things to remember:
• Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
• Don’t use the expired medicine
• Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
• Patients having diabetes may not feel a clinical symptom of fast heart beat due to Bisoprolol. Other low blood sugar symptoms like dizziness, sweating remains unaffected with this drug. So it is recommended to check your blood sugar levels on regular basis
Leading Online Pharmacy
& OTC Products
Leading Online Pharmacy
& OTC Products