Distaclor DT 250mg
Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Baroque Pharmaceuticals, India|
About the drug:
Cefadroxil is a antibiotic drug that belongs to a group of drugs known as cephalosporin antibiotics. It is prescribed for the treatment of various bacterial infections including upper respiratory infections, ear infections, skin infections, and urinary tract infections. Cefadroxil is available as Distaclor DT and a host of other trade names. This medication may also be given for conditions other than those listed in this description.
Uses of the drug:
Antibiotics are not meant to fight viral infections like cold, flu etc. the bacterial infections such as that of ears, lungs, sinus, skin, and urinary tract etc. can be treated using this combination drug.
Working of the drug:
Cefadroxil works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Distaclor DT-250 mg is manufactured by Baroque Pharmaceuticals, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Distaclor DT online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of Tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Distaclor CD 125 mg
- Distaclor DT 250 mg
- Distaclor 500 mg
- Distaclor CD 375 mg
Buy Distaclor DT 250 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to this active ingredient or any other ingredient of the drug
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant (if you are already taking this Tablet then a proper contraception is recommended to avoid pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have high blood pressure
- Have past episodes of depression or suicidal thoughts
- Have a history of seizures
- Have the condition like lupus, liver disease, diabetes
- Have a deficiency of vitamin D
- Have asthma
How much to take the drug?
Dosage depends upon your age, weight, medical condition and your response to the treatment. Hence doctor will decide your dose. Take the dose exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
How to take the drug?
The drug comes in various forms like chewable tablets, tablets and syrups. The drug is usually recommended to be taken with the meal or snack. The tablets can be swallowed easily with a glass of water. The doctor usually recommends it either three time a day after every eight hours or two times a day after every 12 hours. Take the dose as prescribed by him. It is recommends that the dose should be taken with the meal or snack or right after it.
For how long to take it?
You should take the dose until you finish the prescription. Do not change the dose or stop it even if you feel better. You should complete the dose.
In case of an overdose, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor Immediately.
If you miss a dose, then take it as soon as you remember. Do not take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the side effects of Cefadroxil are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, joint paint, vaginal itching or discharge. These effects are non serious and should go away after some time. The details provided here are limited and non exhaustive. You may experience some side effects which have no reference over here. In all such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Common drug interactions:
Other drugs may interact with Cefadroxil. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any other drugs or related products, especially blood thinner like warfarin, metformin, and probenecid. However, these are not the only possible interacting drugs. Remember to follow the directions of your doctor regarding any medications. Do not start a new medication without your doctor's advice.
Things to remember:
- Do not share this medicine with anyone else even if he has same symptoms as you do.
- Do not use this medication for any other infection without referring to the doctor.
- In case you do not feel comfort after completing the dose prescribed by the doctor then consult with your doctor immediately.
- The safety and efficacy of this drug is not established in children below 16 years of age.
- Do not freeze the medicine and store the medicine at room temperature.