|Generic For||Ortho Dienestrol|
|Manufacturer||Infar Pharma, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|1 Tube/s||US$ 11.00||US$ 11.00|
|3 Tube/s||US$ 8.17||US$ 24.5026%US$ 33.00|
|6 Tube/s||US$ 7.08||US$ 42.5036%US$ 66.00|
About the drug:
Evalon cream contains Estriol. Estriol is a female hormone drug that generates the female sex hormone, estrogen, necessary for the smooth functioning of the biological system of women. It rectifies complications of the vagina that are brought about by a lack of estrogen in the body. It artificially produces the hormone, when the female body is unable to do so any longer, which usually happens after menopause, or after an operation to extract the ovaries. This drug is also effective in easing dryness and itching of the vagina, as well as reducing discomfort or pain during sexual intercourse.
Uses of the drug:
It is very effective in rectifying the complications of the female biological system. This drug helps to relieve the pain and dryness of the vaginal area.
Working of the drug:
In women, menopause occurs somewhere between the age of 45-55 years. After menopause the body produces less amount of estrogen. This can cause symptoms such as "hot flushes".
Estrogens are like the hormones produced by the ovaries before menopause, they can help to control the symptoms. Along with progesterone the estrogen is used to treat women who have had their uterus or "womb” removed.
Evalon is manufactured by Infar Pharma, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Evalon online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of cream under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Evalon 15 gm
Buy Evalon 15 gm online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
You should not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to Estriol, soya or peanuts or any other ingredients this medication contains
- Are pregnant: You should not accidently consume Estriol (Evalon cream) if you get pregnant or even if you doubt that you might have become pregnant
- Are breast feeding as the cream may get absorbed in the skin to affect the mother’s blood and milk glands
How much to use?
The usual recommended dosage is to apply a very small amount of cream on the affected area twice a day. Ask the doctor in case of any confusion about the amount to be applied or any other part that you don’t understand.
How to apply Estriol?
Visit your doctor regularly while on this drug and follow his advice meticulously on the right dosage of this medicine. Doses might vary depending on the condition and age of the patient. Ensure that you use this medicine at the same time each day and complete your entire schedule to get the full benefits of its properties. Positive results might take up to several weeks to show. In case of any doubt and you can reach your doctor, refer to the prescription label.
How to use it?
- Wash your hands before applying the cream so as to make them clean and hygienic.
- dry the skin using a soft towel
- Take the cap off the tube and screw the applicator onto the tube
- Squeeze the medicine into the applicator, make the correct measurements
- Lie on your back with your knees bent
- Put the applicator into your vagina
- Slowly press the medicine into the vagina
- Withdraw the applicator
- Medicine will be left behind in the vagina
- Avoid applying it to the normal skin
- Wash your hands once you finish handling the medication
- Do not use large amounts of this medication or apply it more often than directed
- Apply it gently and religiously once a day so healing process becomes faster. Proper care of the infected area is necessary. Time to time application of the cream will prove beneficial and will speed up the healing procedure.
For how long to apply?
After one week of treatment, the cream only needs to be applied two or three times per week.
Without any hesitation, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, it shouldn't be consumed if it is already time for your next dosage. Never make the mistake of taking any extra medication to make up for the missed doses, as this could create other complications.
In the event of overdosing on this medicine, you could feel sick and experience vaginal bleeding. If such symptoms do occur, it is critical that you immediately visit your doctor or call the emergency helpline numbers.
What are the side effects?
- Pain while passing water or urine
- Frequent urination
- Gall bladder trouble
- Dark patches or red marks on the skin
- Bruises or swelling on the legs
- Memory loss
- Leg cramps
- Surplus vaginal discharge
- An itching aggravation in or around the vagina are some of the side effects caused by this drug.
Headaches, feeling sick, skin rashes, tender breasts, sudden chest pain, and dizziness are other common occurrences. You could also face some grievances such as pre-menstrual symptoms, irregular heartbeats, breathing difficulties, and yellowing of the skin. Irrespective of whatever reaction you might experience, it is imperative that you immediately get in touch with your doctor.
Side effects of the drug:
Some drugs have the ability to render Conjugated estrogens less effective, while there are other drugs that could produce some serious side effects when coupled with Estriol. At all times keep your doctor in the loop about every prescription and other types of medications you are on, before taking this drug. Do not ever consider starting a new course of this drug without seeking your physician's advice first.
Things to remember:
Ask your doctor if this drug will restrict your efficiency while driving or operating heavy machinery, and accordingly take certain appropriate measures.
- If the medicine get accidently into eyes then wash your eyes thoroughly with water
- This medicine is for topical use only and should not be swallowed
- Do not the cream after the date of expiry
- Do not use this cream for any other complaints unless your doctor says to do so