|Manufacturer||Panacea Biotech, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.27||US$ 8.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.20||US$ 12.0025%US$ 16.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.18||US$ 16.0033%US$ 24.00|
About the drug:
Gliclazide is a drug used for the control of blood glucose in people with type 2 diabetes. This drug is given as an adjunct to diet and exercise to keep control over high blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus. This really reduces the implications posed by the chronic elevated sugar levels of the body. It helps in reducing the risk associated with cardiovascular diseases, stroke and kidney related problems.
Uses of the drug:
Gliclazide is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of type 2 Diabetes. It is given as an adjunct to diet and exercise in the management of Type 2 diabetes.
Working of the drug:
Gliclazide helps in controlling the blood sugar levels in the body. Gliclazide is an active ingredient of class sulfonyl urea and it acts by stimulating beta cells of the pancreas. This in turn produces insulin that regulates carbohydrate and fat metabolism in the body. Gliclazide tends to increase basal and meal insulin secretion and release. This drug is metabolized in the liver and 60-70% of its metabolites are excreted in urine and 10-20% is excreted in feces.
Glizid is manufactured by Panacea Biotech, a giant pharmaceutical and is available on our website. You can buy Glizid 40 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
Gliclazide tablet is available in two strength on our website:
- Glizid 40 mg
- Glizid 80 mg
To buy Glizid 40 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient present in it
- Are enzyme (Glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase) deficient
- Have liver related problems
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Are having type 1 diabetes
- Tell your doctor if you:
- Have kidney related problems
- Have diabetes keto-acidosis
- Are taking some form of Miconazole
- Are allergic to Sulfonyl urea or sulfonamides
How much to take the drug?
Only a Doctor can assign you the best suitable dose for you. It is not possible to fix the dose. Person’s body weight, health status, severity of the disease condition and age are the few factors that are considered before recommending the dose. Doctor is the one who will decide the best therapeutic dose for you.
How to take the drug?
Gliclazide is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Take the tablet with a full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Gliclazide is generally taken once a day with breakfast. The dose can be increased up to twice a day. Always take the medicine as instructed by the doctor. Follow each and every instruction; in case of any doubt, ask your pharmacist or concerned doctor.
For how long to take it?
This drug is meant to be taken on a regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor. Sudden discontinuation can lead to undesired and severe conditions.
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter hypoglycemic state. Perform gastric lavage immediately and administer glucose intravenously to overcome the hypoglycemic side effects.
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose. Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
Gliclazide is very effective and potent anti-diabetic drug. Every drug possesses some side effects, same goes with the Gliclazide. Following are the associated side effects:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances such as diarrhea, nausea, constipation and vomiting
- Bloating (intense feeling of fullness and tight abdomen)
- Skin reactions like urticaria, pruritis, rashes, hives and flushing
- Headache and dizziness
- Bleeding associated problems like bruising, Sore throat and paleness
- Yellowing of eyes and skin
- Vision problems
Common drug interactions:
Give a complete account of your medicines you are taking till date. Doctor will give you the list of drugs that may interact with the Gliclazide and can produce unwanted effects. The drugs that may interact with Gliclazide are as follows:
- Beta blockers
- Vitamin K
Things to remember:
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Always monitor your blood sugar levels
- Keep medicines out of the sight and reach of children
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while using this drug
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Follow strict diet and exercise regimen while taking this drug