|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.38||US$ 11.50|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.30||US$ 18.0022%US$ 23.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.26||US$ 23.5032%US$ 34.50|
The medicine is mainly used to treat hypertension, the fastest-growing disease globally. Hypertension can lead to several heart-related disorders. Hypertension can also be treated in several ways using Lorvas, a thiazide-like diuretic. The medicine helps in relieving high blood pressure by increasing urine production. The main ingredient Indapamide is responsible for producing antihypertensive effects.
The medicine is used either in combination with other drugs or alone to treat heart failure and high blood pressure. It is prescribed for hypertension and edema.
The drug contains Indapamide. Indapamide is responsible for increasing urine production. When urine production increases, water and salts that cause high blood pressure gets excreted. This ultimately leads to a reduction in hypertension. Lorvas medicine should be taken in the daytime to avoid frequent urination urge at night.
Do not take the drug if you are:
- Allergic to the active ingredient Indapamide or any other ingredient of the drug
- Pregnant or planning to be pregnant, or if you are breastfeeding your baby unless prescribed by your doctor
- Child below the age of 16 unless prescribed by your doctor
- Inform your doctor if you have any existing health issues
Alert your doctor if you are taking other medicines for ailments, as there is a chance of drug interaction. If you are taking any medicines for heart disease or high blood pressure, such as digoxin, or taking any medicine for a transplant or rheumatoid illness, such as ciclosporin or a mood medicine, such as lithium, you must inform your doctor about it.
Things to remember:
- The medicine must be stored in a dry and cool place and should not be used if the expiry date has passed.
- Avoid excess sunlight exposure, and wear sunscreen and cover clothes when out.
- The medicine should not be taken if you are intolerant to some sugars.
- The medicine should not be shared with anyone, even if they have the same symptoms.
- The medicine should be used for the purpose for which it has been prescribed and not for any other purpose.
- Even after completing the full course, you must visit the doctor immediately if you still suffer from the same symptoms.
Some common side effects of the medicine are skin rash, vertigo, fatigue, nausea, dry mouth, purpura, vomiting, constipation, paresthesia, low potassium level, and headache.
The above list is not a complete list of side effects you may experience. If such side effects hinder your daily life, you must get medical help from your doctor.
Lorvas comes in the form of a tablet. The tablet must be taken orally with food with a glass of water.
Your doctor will fix the dose after examining you thoroughly. However, the general dosage for adults is PO- HTN: 1.25-2.5 mg once daily. For Edema, the usual dose is 2.5 mg once daily, which can be increased up to 5 mg/day after 1 week if required.
The time the medicine would be prescribed depends on the severity of your condition. However, it is essential to complete the dose and not leave it mid-way even though you might have experienced improvement in your condition.