|Manufacturer||Intas Pharmaceuticals, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|2 Tablet/s||US$ 5.50||US$ 11.00|
|6 Tablet/s||US$ 4.00||US$ 24.0064%US$ 66.00|
|10 Tablet/s||US$ 3.50||US$ 35.0068%US$ 110.00|
About the drug:
Mefloquine is an antimalarial medicine, which is available by prescription only. It can be prescribed for either treatment or prevention of malaria. The drug can be prescribed to adults and children of all ages.
Uses of the drug:
Mefloquine is prescribed for preventing falciparum malaria. For effective prevention complete the full course of the treatment.
Working of the drug:
Mefloquine is an antimalarial agent. Its exact mode of action is not known, however, it has been shown to bind with haem, forming a complex that is toxic to the parasite.
Solifenacin is manufactured by one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in India, Intas You can buy Meflotas 250 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
Solifenacin is available in the form of a tablet in the following strength:
- Meflotas 250 mg
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients of the medicine
- Have had mental health problems
- Have or had seizures
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have an irregular heartbeat
- Have liver or kidney problems
- Have myasthenia gravis
How much to take the drug?
- The recommended adult dose is 250 mg, one tablet taken once a week.
- The dose for a child will be prescribed according to the body weight (minimum weight is 5 kg).
How to take the drug?
Mefloquine should be taken on the same day each week, preferably after consuming food.
For how long to take it?
Continue to take the medicine weekly for as long as your doctor has told you. You must complete the full course of the treatment. Generally, it can be taken up to three years in the absence of adverse effects.
If you accidentally take too many Meflotas 5 mg tablets, immediately call your doctor or visit a nearest emergency room.
If you have mistakenly missed a dose of Mefloquine, start taking it the next day. Never take two doses on the same day.
Side effects of the drug:
Most people do not experience significant side effects while taking Mefloquine 250 mg. But, for those that do experience the unwanted effects, they can be unsettling and unpleasant. The drug can cause:
- Sleep difficulties
- Visual disturbances
If you do experience theses side effects, you can discontinue the drug and ask your doctor for a different option.
The medicine can also cause nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. These undesired effects can often be lessened by taking the medicine with food.
Common drug interactions:
Tell your doctor before taking the following drugs:
- Heart and blood pressure medicines
- Tricyclic antidepressants
Some other drugs can also interact with Mefloquine therefore, it is important to ask your doctor about the full list of drugs that can interact with Mefloquine.
Things to remember:
- Mefloquine may disturb co0ordination and balance and is not suitable for those who drive or operate machinery. Caution should be exercised if travelling to altitude.
- Experience with Mefloquine in infants (0-3 months old) is limited.
- In case of life threatening malaria infection, patients should be treated with an an intravenous antimalarial drug.
- The consumption of Meflotas tablets may cause psychiatric symptoms in patients ranging from depression, anxiety, hallucinations, paranoia, and psychotic behaviour. These symptoms have been reported to continue long after the medication has been stopped.
- If psychiatric symptoms such as depression, confusion, restlessness, or acute anxiety may occur during the prophylactic use, then these symptoms may be considered prodormal to a more serious event.
- Co-adminstration of Mefloquine and Quinidine may lead to electrocardiographic abnormalities.
- Also, the concomitant use of Meflotas and chloroquine may increase the risk of convulsions.