Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Mefenamic acid|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Mefenamic acid. It is an anti-inflammatory drug.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is mainly used to reduce hormones in the body that causes pain and inflammation in the body.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by reducing pain or inflammation that is caused by conditions such as menstrual cramps, arthritis and so on.
The manufacturer of Meftal - 250mg is Cipla, India. You can purchase Meftal - 250mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength:
- Meftal - 250mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
- Are below the age of 2 years.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breast feeding your baby.
- Are suffering from any heart ailments
- Are suffering from any other disease
- Are allergic to any other ingredient
- Are taking any other medicine
How much to take the drug?
The dosage of the medicine may depend on several factors such as age, weight, severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on. The dosage will be fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly.
How to take the drug?
The medicine should be taken as per the instruction of your doctor. It should be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. It should be taken as a whole and not be broken or crushed.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Overdose of the medicine can be dangerous and lead to several side effects such as:
- Stomach pain
- Bloody cough
- Black or bloody stools
- Shortness of breath
- Urinating less than normal or not at all,
Hence overdose should be avoided at any cost. In case of overdose of the medicine you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
In case of missed dose you must take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose. Taking the medicine at the same time each day can help in not missing any of the doses.
Side effects of the drug:
Some common side effects of the medicine include:
- Upset stomach
The above side effects may go after some time. However, in case the side effects persist then you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible.
Taking the medicine can result in several serious side effects as well such as:
- Chest Pain
- Slurred speech
- Shortness of breath
- Problems with vision or balance
- Tarry stools
- Vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Bloody cough
- Unusual weight gain
- Stiff neck
- Mood or behaviour changes
- Less urination
In case of the above serious side effects you should get emergency medical help as soon as you can. The above list is not the complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
There are certain drugs which may interact with Mefenamic acid and increase or decrease the working of the medicine. Some medicines which may interact with Mefenamic acid are:
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact there may be other medicines as well. Tell your doctor if you are taking any other NSAIDs, any other heart or blood pressure medications, any other antidepressant medication an do on. You must also tell him if you are allergic to any medicine.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Avoid alcohol when you are taking the medicine as it may result in adverse effect in the body.
- The medicine is not recommended just after or before a heart bypass surgery.