Out Of Stock
|Generic For||Penicillin G|
|Manufacturer||Nicholas Piramal (India)|
About the drug:
Penicillin G potassium is a natural penicillin and is available in the market under various brand names and dosage forms. This drug is available in oral as well as Injectable forms. This drug is commonly prescribed for the infections of respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin, soft tissues and sinuses.
Uses of the drug:
It is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. Penicillin-G is bactericidal in nature against susceptible microbes like Neisseria Gonorrhea, Corynebacterium diphtheria, Bacillus anthracis, clostridia, and Actinomyces species.
Working of the drug:
The drug penicillin-G potassium is natural penicillin and it acts against bacteria by killing them. This antibiotic slows down the growth or reproduction of the bacteria. It does that by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis.
Pentids products are manufactured by Nicolas Piramal, a leading pharmaceutical company. The products are available in various pack sizes on our website like: 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
Dosage form and strengths:
The following strengths of the combination product are available:
- Pentids 200 mg
- Pentids 400 mg
You can buy Pentids 200 mg online on alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to penicillin or amoxicillin or any other antibiotic
- Have a history of allergies
- Are pregnant or planning to have a baby
- Are a breastfeeding mother as the drug may pass into the mother’s milk
- Have or ever had kidney problems or any kind of liver problems
- Have asthma or hay fever
Tell your doctor if you:
Are taking oral contraceptives as this drug may inhibit the action the oral contraceptives. So, consult your doctor about that too.
- Are below 16 years of age
How much to take?
Dosage depends upon your age, weight, medical condition and your response to the treatment. Hence doctor will decide your dose. Take the dose exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
How to take?
The drug comes in various forms like tablets and injections. The tablet form of the drug is usually recommended to be taken with or without food. The tablets can be swallowed easily with a glass of water.
Take the dose as prescribed by him. Doctor usually recommends dose to be taken with the meal or snack.
For how long to take it?
You should take the dose until you finish the prescription. Do not change the dose or stop it even if you feel better. You should complete the dose. Penicillin G potassium should be taken until the full course completes so as the infection ceases out completely.
Overdose may cause unwanted effects. You may require urgent medical help in this situation. In such a case visit the nearest healthcare center or call your doctor immediately.
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period if it’s too late but if it’s less than 1 hour of the meal then go and take it. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Severe skin rash
- Mild skin rash
- Vaginal itching and discharge
- Upset stomach
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
In above cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Common drug interactions:
Certain other drugs can interact with this drug and increase the risk of serious problems. So it is necessary to consult your doctor about the following drugs such as:
- BCG Vaccine Live
- Typhoid Vaccine Live
Things to remember:
- Do not share this medicine with anyone else even if he has same symptoms as you do
- Do not use this medication for any other infection without referring to the doctor.
- In case you do not feel comfort after completing the dose prescribed by the doctor then consult with your doctor immediately
- The safety and efficacy of this drug is not established in children below 16 years of age
- Do not freeze the medicine and store the medicine at room temperature