|Generic Name||Quetiapine Fumarate|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.60||US$ 18.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.52||US$ 31.0014%US$ 36.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.46||US$ 41.5023%US$ 54.00|
Qutipin 30 mg contains quetiapine: an FDA approved drug for controlling schizophrenia, acute manic episodes, and adjunctive treatment for the major depressive disease. It can also be used for several non-FDA indications, such as generalised anxiety disorders. The medicine contains the active ingredient quetiapine. This belongs to a class of drugs known as antipsychotics. The medicine is effective in treating severe illnesses.
- Schizophrenia: lt is a condition when you feel/hear think that does not exist, believe things that are not true or feel unusually confused, suspicious, anxious, or depressed.
- Acute Mania: If you suffer mania, you may feel excited, agitated, hyperactive, excited, or have poor judgement, including being aggressive.
- Bipolar depression: You may feel depressed, feel guilty, lack energy, or can’t sleep.
Your doctor may continue to prescribe Qutipin 30 even when you feel better.
Do not take Qutipin 300 mg tablets:
If you are allergic to quetiapine or any other ingredients of the medicine or if you are taking any of the following drugs:
- Erythromycin and clarithromycin for infections
- Some medicines for HIV
- Nefazodone for depression
Azole medicines for fungal infection
If you are unsure if any of the above applies to you, talk to your doctor.
Talk to your doctor before taking quetiapine tablets if you have:
- Bloor pressure
- Heart problem
- Liver issue
- Parkinson’s disease
- History of alcohol or drug abuse
- History of blood clots
You should tell your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following serious complications after taking Qutipin pills:
- Uncontrolled movements (mainly facial)
- Dizziness or a severe sense of feeling sleepy
- A long-lasting and painful erection
- Muscle stiffness, severe sweating, or a lowered level of consciousness
- Have an irregular or fast and irregular heartbeat even when you are resting, chest pain, palpitations, or unexplained tiredness. During the condition, your doctor will need to check your heart, and if necessary, they may refer you to a cardiologist.
Quetiapine 300 mg can cause side effects; however, not everybody who uses it gets the side effects. Common side effects associated with the medicine include:
- Headache, dizziness, dry mouth
- Putting on weight
- Feeling sleepy
- Discontinuation symptoms or symptoms occur when you stop the medication. These include feeling sick, not being able to sleep, diarrhoea, headache, irritability, dizziness,
- Changes in the movement of a certain mass
- Abnormal muscle movements. These include shaking, feeling restless, and muscle stiffness without pain.
- Other side effects include feeling weak, constipation, rapid heartbeat, blurred vision, increased sugar levels in the blood, swelling of arms or legs.
The class of medicines to which Qutipin belongs can cause heart rhythm problems, serious or fatal. If you get any side effects, please talk to your doctor.
Follow your doctor’s instructions when taking Qutipin 300 mg. Check with him if you have any doubt about using this medicine. Your doctor will decide the suitable dose for you, considering your illness and needs. For best results, stick to your doctor’s advice. Generally, the doctor’s advice is to take Qutipin tablets once a day at bedtime or twice daily, depending on the condition. One need to swallow the tablet with a glass full of water. Do not drink grapefruit juice while taking quetiapine, as it can affect the working of the medicine. You can take the tablet before or after consuming food. Do not discontinue treatment even if you feel better unless your doctor advises you to.