|Generic Name||Quetiapine Fumarate|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.60||US$ 18.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.52||US$ 31.0014%US$ 36.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.46||US$ 41.5023%US$ 54.00|
About the drug:
Quetiapine Fumarate is a drug administered to for the treatment of schizophrenia as well as for the treatment of acute manic series associated with bipolar type I disorder. The antipsychotic effect of quetiapine is thought by some to be mediated through antagonist activity at dopamine and serotonin receptors. It is available for oral consumption in the form of tablets.
Uses of the drug:
The drug belongs to a category of medications known as antipsychotic medicine. It helps in treating schizophrenia and symptoms of bipolar disorder (manic depression) as is also helpful for autistic children to treat symptoms of irritability.
Working of the drug:
Quetiapine is a psychotropic agent which belongs to the chemical class of benzisoxazole derivatives and is prescribed for the treatment of schizophrenia. Quetiapine is a selective monoaminergic antagonist with high affinity for the serotonin Type 2, and dopamine type 2 receptors. Quetiapine's antipsychotic activity is likely due to a combination of antagonism at D2 receptors in the mesolimbic pathway and 5HT2A receptors in the frontal cortex. Antagonism at D2 receptors relieves positive symptoms while antagonism at 5HT2A receptors relieves negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
This drug Qutipin is manufactured by a well-known pharmaceutical company, Intas Pharmaceuticals, India. You can buy the drug Qutipin online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug Quetiapine Fumarate comes in the form of Qutipin and is available in the following strength:
- Qutipin 300 mg
To buy Qutipin 300 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you have:
- Hypersensitive towards the drug
- Low potassium and magnesium levels
- High cholesterol
- Nephric disorder
- Renal disorder
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have any liver or kidney diseases.
- Have diabetes
- Smoke or is overweight.
- Have a history of heart disorder
How much to take the drug?
The general dosage of this drug for an adult is one tablet of 300 mg a day, but before taking the dosage consult the doctor as it depends on upon the severity and demand of the disease condition. Always follow doctor’s instructions.
How to use the drug?
This drug is meant to be taken orally. Taking this with adequate water makes it easier to be consumed orally. Fully swallow this drugs with water and subsequently take a deep breath. Don’t chew it and discard the empty wrapper safely. Take your dose at a similar time daily as this can transform into the habit and become convenient for the patient to recollect. Take your physician’s recommendation concerning the time of dose if there's any confusion concerning the dose time.
For how long to take it?
This drug controls your condition, however, doesn’t cure it. It's therefore suggested to take the drug as long as suggested by the doctor even in the case you discover yourself well. Don't stop the drug without doctor’s recommendation.
Too much of this drug is also troubling or serious in several cases. Because of the overdose of the drug you will have a chest pain and chills . Just in case if you're taking an additional dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications, please contact your doctor right away.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your physician immediately if you notice any of the following:
- Black, tarry stools
- Blurred vision
- Changes in patterns and rhythms of speech
- Chest pain
- Cold sweats
- Dizziness, faintness
- Fever, muscle aches, or sore throat
- Inability to move the eyes
- Inability to sit still
- Increased blinking or spasms of the eyelid
- Lip smacking or puckering
- Loss of balance control
- Mask-like face
- Need to keep moving
- Painful or difficult urination
- Puffing of the cheeks
- Rapid or worm-like movements of the tongue
- Shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
- Shuffling walk
- Sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- Slowed movements
- Slurred speech
- Sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
- Sticking out of the tongue
- Stiffness of the arms or legs
- Swelling of the face, arms, hands, feet, or lower legs
- Swollen glands
- Trembling and shaking of the hands and fingers
- Trouble with breathing, speaking, or swallowing
- Uncontrolled chewing movements
- Uncontrolled movements of the arms and legs
- Uncontrolled twisting movements of the neck, trunk, arms, or legs
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusual facial expressions
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
In such cases, you want to choose immediate medical attention. Don't get alarmed by the list. You may or may not experience all of them.
Common drug interactions:
Consult your doctor regarding the complete list of the medication to be avoided or that you just should watch out of while taking along this drug.
Things to remember:
- Store this drug at room temperature and please avoid it from moisture and heat
- Keep this medicine at a distance from pets and children
- Don’t refrigerate the medicine
- Don’t throw the wrapper of this medication in open
- This medication must be used regularly to be effective