|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|10 Tablet/s||US$ 3.10||US$ 31.00|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 3.03||US$ 90.792%US$ 93.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 2.98||US$ 179.084%US$ 186.00|
Suminat contains Sumatriptan, which treats acute migraine headaches with or without aura in adults. It is ineffective in preventing or decreasing the number of migraine headaches you have. Sumatriptan belongs to a class of serotonin receptor (5-HT1) agonists, which constricts the blood vessels, thus relieving the migraine headache.
Before you are prescribed Suminat 50mg tablets, your doctor will establish whether your headache is caused by a migraine and not by other conditions. Speak to your doctor before using the Sumatriptan tablet if any of the following applies to you:
- If you have signs that indicate heart problems, such as chest pain or a feeling of pressure in the chest
- If you have an intolerance to sugars
- If you have reduced kidney or liver functions
- If you have a history of seizures
- If you are allergic to sulfonamide
If you use Suminat tablets frequently, then be careful. Using Sumatriptan too often can make your headaches worse.
The common side effect of Suminat 50 mg are:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Muscle pain
- Feeling of weakness, tiredness
- Dizziness, drowsiness, sensory disturbances
- Feeling sick or being sick
- Temporary increase in blood pressure
- Pain sensation, tightness or heaviness
Always take Suminat 50 mg the same way your doctor has prescribed you. Check with your doctor if you have any doubts about using this medicine. It is best to take Suminat tablets as soon as you feel a migraine appear, although you can consume the anti-migraine drug during an attack. Instead, you should not use this medicine to prevent an attack; use it after your migraine symptoms begin.
For adults (aged 18 to 65 years), the suggested dose is Sumatriptan 50 mg for a migraine attack. Some patients may require a higher dose. Please consult your dose for an appropriate dosing regimen. You should stick to your doctor’s advice.
The use of Suminat tablets is not recommended for children under 18 years and the elderly aged over 65 years.