|Generic Name||Atenolol Chlorthalidone|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.35||US$ 10.50|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.28||US$ 17.0019%US$ 21.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.25||US$ 22.5029%US$ 31.50|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Atenolol Chlorthalidone. It is a beta blocker that is mostly used as an antihypertensive medicine.
Uses of the drug:
The drug is mostly used in the treatment of chest pain, hypertention and heart attack. It is also recommended post heart attack.
Working of the drug:
The drug is a beta blocker that is most commonly used in treating hypertention. When taken it binds with vascular smooth muscles and heart and prevents their action. Due to this it helps in the following functions:
- Relaxing blood vessels and aids in smooth arterial blood flow
- Helps in reducing high blood pressure.
- Pumping of blood out of the heart and around the body becomes effortless.
- Decreases workload of the heart and the amount of oxygen that is needed to pump blood around the body.
- Provides oxygen by decreasing the energy that is used by the heart to pump blood around the body.
- Prevents future heart attack
The manufacturer of Tenoric- 100 + 25 mg is Pfizer, Belgium. You can purchase Tenoric - 100 + 25 mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the tablet form in the following strength:
- Tenoric - 100 + 25 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient or to any other ingredients of the drug.
- Suffer from blood circulation problems like peripheral vascular disease or Raynaud’s disease
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have diabetes
- Have hypotension or low blood pressure
- Have a hypo or hyperthyroidism
- Have congestive heart failure
- Having heart problems like sick sinus syndrome, bradycardia and blockage in heart
- Have pheochromocytoma
- Have myasthenia gravis
- Have kidney disease
- Have any other heart problems
How much to take the drug?
The drug will be prescribed to you after doctor examines you thoroughly. Usually the recommended dose is 50 mg to be taken once daily. The effect of the medicine may take 1 or 2 weeks to show. The dose may be increased to 100 mg as per the condition of the patient.
How to take the drug?
Always take the drug as per the instruction of your doctor. You need to swallow the medicine as a whole with a glass of water and not crush or chew while taking it. It can be taken with or without food.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be taken for the prescribe period of time as recommended by your doctor in order to get complete benefit. It should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse reaction. Before stopping the medicine consult your doctor.
Overdose of the medicine can lead to several side effects as it is harmful for the body. Some side effects of overdose of the medicine include:
- Red skin rash
- Unexplained weight gain
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Pale colour
- Sweating or confusion
- Rapid heart rate
In case of overdose of the medicine you must get in touch with your doctor immediately.
Take the miss dose as soon as you remember provided the next dose is not close. If the next dose is near then skip the missed dose and follow the original schedule. Do not double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Weakness and tired feeling
- Serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
- Abdominal pain
- Fast heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in arms or shoulders
- Cold feeling in hands and feet
- General illness
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There are other side effects as well. In case of serious side effects you must report it to your doctor immediately. In case of less serious side effects if it persist for long then
Common drug interactions:
There are few medicines which may interact with Atenolol Chlorthalidone and may increase or decrease the working of the medicine. Here is the list of the medicine which may interact with Atenolol Chlorthalidone and restrict its working:
- Cold medicines
- Diet pills
This is not a complete list of medicines and there may be other medicines as well.
Things to remember:
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose mentioned and not for any other purpose.
- Blood sugar levels needs to be checked regularly.
- Follow the diet prescribed by your doctor.