Toba DM 3 mg and 1 mg (10 ml)
Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Tobramycin and Dexamethasone|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
About the drug:
The active ingredient of the drug is Tobramycin and Dexamethasone. It is used to treat bacterial eye infections.
Uses of the drug:
Tobramycin and Dexamethasone is an antibiotic eye drop medication that is mainly used to treat bacterial eye infection.
Working of the drug:
The medicine works by acting against the swelling that is caused in the eyes due to bacterial infection.
The manufacturer of Toba DM - 3 mg and 1 mg is Gracewall, India. You can purchase Toba DM - 3 mg and 1 mg online also.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in eye drop form in the following strength:
- Toba DM - 3 mg and 1 mg
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients
- Have a viral or fungal infection in the eye
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
- Are taking any other medicine
- Are allergic to any medicine
- Are suffering from any other ailments
How much to take the drug?
The recommended dose will be determined by your doctor after examining you thoroughly. You must not overdose, use the specified number of eye drop as prescribed by your doctor for the specified period.
How to take the drug?
Wash your hand properly. Tilt your head backward. Hold the lower lid of the eyes and put the appropriate number of eye drops and then close the eye for few seconds.
For how long to take it?
The medicine is to be used for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
In case of overdose of the medicine get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can. Overdose of the medicine can lead to side effects hence should be avoided.
In case of missed dose you must take the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Burning sensation
- Stinging in the eye
- Irritation/redness in the eye
- Itching in the eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Eyelid swelling
- Blurred vision
The above side effects are mostly temporary and may go away after sometime. However, if such side effect persists then you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
Common drug interactions:
There are several medicines that may interact with Tobramycin and Dexamethasone and increase or decrease the working of the medicine. Hence it is important to let your doctor know of any medicines that you are taking so that he can check for any possible drug interaction. Also do let him know in case you are allergic to any medicine.
Things to remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- Do not do any activity that requires high alertness such as driving or operating machinery as there may be some disturbance in vision.
- Avoid using contact lenses when using the medicine as there are chances of developing eye infection.
- While giving the medicine do not touch the tip of the bottle and wash your hand before and after use.