|Manufacturer||T C HealthCare Pvt. Ltd, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.57||US$ 17.00|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.47||US$ 28.0018%US$ 34.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.43||US$ 38.5025%US$ 51.00|
Description of the drug:
Theophylline is the main active ingredient present in the drug Unicontin 600 mg. This drug is otherwise known to be classified as methyl xanthine drug family and is extracted from the tea leaves and cocoa beans. This is the one reason for this drug to have structural and functional resemblance with caffeine. This drug acts as a potent diuretics and inhibitor of enzyme phosphodiesterase. Theophylline is also known to stimulate HDAC (histone deacetylase enzyme) and block the receptor for adenosine.
Indications and Usage:
Theophylline drug is highly prescribed by doctors for the treatment of severe respiratory disorders like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema, renal disorders, infant apnea, bronchitis, and bronchospasm. It functions by relaxing the smooth muscles and thus easing the stress on cardiovascular and central nervous system.
Dosage and administration:
The recommended dose of this drug is 600 mg once every day. This medication can be consumed with or without food.
Please contact your doctor before giving this medicine to patients below 12 years of age. The dose should be adjusted gradually within a period of one to two weeks, but only after taking advice from your doctor. However, do not exceed a normal dose of more than 900 mg dose per day.
-Mode of administration:
This drug is available in the form of a tablet and, therefore should be consumed orally. It should be consumed with sufficient amount of water.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications please contact your doctor immediately.
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and Strengths:
Theophylline drug is available in the form of a tablet and under the following strengths:
- Unicontin (Unicontin) – 400 mg
- Unicontin (Unicontin) – 600 mg
You can buy Unicontin (Unicontin) 600 mg tablets online from our website alldaychemist.com at a very reasonable price
Theophylline is known to contraindicate in the following cases:
- Hypersensitive reactions and allergy
- Acute asthmatic complications
- Pregnant and lactating women
Warnings and Precautions:
You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Theophylline has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Please consult your doctor before taking Theophylline along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
- Please use this drug as prescribed and instructed. Any alteration in the dosage without informing your doctor can cause severe side effects
- Avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages if you are taking this medicine. If alcohol is consumed along withTheophylline drug it may alter the effectiveness of the drug
- Avoid smoking if you are taking this medicine. Smoking may cause an increase in the metabolism of your body if you are already taking this medicine
- When you buy Unicontin (Unicontin) 600 mg drug from our website alldaychemist.com make sure to prepare a note of all the above instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
This drug has been reported to cause severe side effects like:
- Change in vision
- Stomach pain
- Vomiting and nausea
- Fluctuation in blood sugar level
- Bleeding nose
- Abnormal stools
- Loss of appetite
- Fever and insomnia
- Skin problems
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Mood swings
- Allergic reactions
Several drugs which are known to interact and interfere with the working mechanism of Theophylline are:
- Cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors like clarithromycin, ritonavir
The main active ingredient present in the drug Unicontin drug is:
- Theophylline – 600 mg
Theophylline increases the cAMP levels inside the cell which stimulates the action of Protein kinase A and blocks the action of tumour necrotic factor – alpha (TNF – alpha). This drug lowers the risk of inflammation by inhibiting the release of leukotriene. The drug acts antagonistically to the adenosine receptors which exerts an extensive prophylactic action. The combined effect of this drug is bronchodiation and anti-inflammatory response mechanism.
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pet
- Store at room temperature
- Keep the drug away from heat and moisture
- Do not discard the expired medicine without wrapping it properly.
This drug is manufactured by one of the leading multinational pharmaceutical Indian company, Cipla. This Indian based company is one of the top biotechnology giants that uses innovative technologies for various drug discovery programmes.