About the drug:
Domperidone is a drug that expedites the mobilization of food through the esophagus, stomach, and gut. Hailing from a family of drugs known as anti-emetics, it acts as a dopamine agonist and facilitates your digestion by sending your food to its correct destination. Mostly, this medicine is used to cure indigestion related problems such as nausea, vomiting, belching, and a bloated stomach, breaking wind after eating, and fullness during or after meals
Uses of the drug:
Domperidone (Vomistop) is capable of preventing heartburn produced by the flow of food particles from your stomach back into your esophagus. Moreover, it is equally effective in children for treating indigestion disorders as it is in adults.
Working of the drug:
It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger in the brain that is responsible for initiating the feeling of nausea and vomiting. It also increases the movements or contractions of the stomach and intestine, which allows the food to move more easily through the stomach.
Vomistop is manufactured by Cipla, India. It is available on our website and you can easily buy Vomistop 10 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths available:
Domperidone is available in various strengths of the active ingredient like:
Vomistop 10 mg
Before you take the drug:
• Do not take the drug if you:
• Are allergic to Domperidone
• Have severe belly cramps
• Are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or are breastfeeding
• Tell your doctor if you:
• Are under 15 years of age, it’s not recommended for children
• Have or have had liver disease
• Bleeding or obstruction in the stomach and intestine
How much to take the drug?
The common dosage is one tablet three to four times a day, best taken 15 to 30 minutes before meals or food, and if necessary at bedtime. Your doctor will tell you if this is necessary. It is very important to take the drug as per the doctor’s recommendation.
How to take the drug?
Swallow the tablet whole with a full glass of water. You can take the drug with food. Follow all directions given to you by your doctor or pharmacist carefully.
When to take the drug?
Take the tablet at about the same time each day, be it at any time of the day. Doing this will help you remember the time of the drug and will also help you to get the best of the results. It does not matter whether you take it before or after the food.
For how long to take it?
Your doctor may ask you to take Vomistop for up to 6 months. Take the tablet every day continuously until your doctor tells you to stop.
You may need urgent medical attention as you may experience problems with the rhythm of your heart. Your heartbeat may be faster or slower than usual. Even if you do not feel any signs symptoms of poisoning due to overdose go to the nearest hospital or call your doctor immediately.
Take the dose as soon as you remember, and then go back to taking it as you would normally. If it is less than 12 hours of the next dose, do not take the dose you have missed. Do not take a double dose to make up for the one that you overlooked.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you do not feel well while you are taking tamoxifen. Tell the doctor immediately if you notice any of the following side effects and they worry you:
• Rash or itchy skin
• Unusual pain or pressure around your pelvic area, in your bones or anywhere in your body
• Mouth ulcers or cold sores
• Stomach cramps, diarrhea
• Swelling of the hands, ankles and feet
• Lumps anywhere in the body
• Yellowing of the skin or eyes, dark colored urine
• Frequent infection
• Fever, severe chills, sore throat or mouth ulcers
• Breast tenderness or breast enlargement in men
These are the most common symptoms but you may find many other discomforting signs. In such cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them.
Common drug interactions:
Some medicines and Domperidone may interfere with each other. You may have to stop taking one of the medicines if you are on a dose of Domperidone:
• Ketoconazole (used for fungal infections)
• Erythromycin (an antibiotic)
• Ritonavir (used for HIV infection)
If you are taking any of these then tell your doctor and consult your doctor to get a full list of the drugs to be avoided.
Things to remember:
• Be sure to make all your appointments with your doctor so your progress can be checked
• If you ever go to the hospital, then surely inform the doctor that you are taking this medicine
• Do not give this medicine to anyone even if the symptoms are same
|US Brand Name||Motilium|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Items 1 to 10 of 17 total
Items 1 to 10 of 17 total