Most important fact about this drug
Biaxin, like any other antibiotic, works best when there is a constant amount...Read more
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|32 Tablet/s||US$ 2.36||US$ 75.4840%US$ 125.80|
|64 Tablet/s||US$ 1.77||US$ 113.2255%US$ 251.60|
|128 Tablet/s||US$ 1.77||US$ 226.4455%US$ 503.20|
About the drug:
Clarithromycin is a antibiotic drug that belongs to a group of drugs known as cephalosporin antibiotics. It is prescribed for the treatment of various bacterial infections including upper respiratory infections, ear infections, skin infections, and urinary tract infections. Clarithromycin is available as Synclar (Cipla) and a host of other trade names. This medication may also be given for conditions other than those listed in this description.
Uses of the drug:
Antibiotics are not meant to fight viral infections like cold, flu etc. the bacterial infections such as that of ears, lungs, sinus, skin, and urinary tract etc. can be treated using this combination drug.
Working of the drug:
Clarithromycin works by stopping the growth of bacteria. It woks by inhibiting the translation of peptides of the bacterial cell.
Synclar is manufactured by Cipla, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Synclar online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of Tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Synclar 250 mg
- Synclar 500 mg
Buy Synclar 250 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to this active ingredient or any other ingredient of the drug
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the breast milk
- Have a heart condition or an imbalance in the body's water and minerals
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have high blood pressure
- Have past episodes of depression or suicidal thoughts
- Have a history of seizures
- Have the condition like lupus, liver disease, diabetes
How much to take the drug?
- Ear, Nose, and Throat Infections: Your doctor will carefully tailor your individual dosage of Synclar depending upon the type of infection and organism causing it. The usual dose varies from 250 to 500 milligrams every 12 hours for 7 to 14 days.
- Duodenal Ulcers: You can expect one of the following treatment regimens: 500 milligrams of Synclar, 30 milligrams of Prevacid, and 1 gram amoxicillin every 12 hours for 10 or 14 days.
- Mycobacterium Avium Infections: For prevention or treatment, the recommended dose is 500 milligrams twice a day.
How to take the drug?
The drug is usually recommended to be taken with the meal or snack. The tablets can be swallowed easily with a glass of water. The doctor usually recommends it either three time a day after every eight hours or two times a day after every 12 hours. Take the dose as prescribed by him. It is recommends that the dose should be taken with the meal or snack or right after it .
For how long to take it?
You should take the dose until you finish the prescription. Do not change the dose or stop it even if you feel better. You should complete the dose.
Although no specific information is available, any medication taken in excess can have serious consequences. If you suspect an overdose of Synclar, seek medical attention immediately.
If you miss a dose, then take it as soon as you remember. Do not take the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
Side effects of the drug:
Side effects cannot be anticipated. If any side effects develop or change in intensity, tell your doctor immediately. Only your doctor can determine whether it is safe for you to continue taking Synclar.
- More common side effects may include: Abdominal pain, abnormal taste, diarrhea, nausea, rash, vomiting
- Less common side effects may include: Headache, indigestion
- Rare side effects may include: Allergic reactions, altered sense of smell, anxiety, behavior changes, confusion, disorientation, dizziness, fungal infections of the mouth, hallucinations, hearing loss, inflammation of the mouth, liver problems, mental problems, nightmares, sleeplessness, tongue discoloration or swelling, tooth discoloration, tremor, very low blood sugar
Common drug interactions:
Other drugs may interact with Clarithromycin. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any other drugs or related products, especially blood thinner like warfarin, metformin, and probenecid. However, these are not the only possible interacting drugs. Remember to follow the directions of your doctor regarding any medications. Do not start a new medication without your doctor's advice.
Things to remember:
- Do not share this medicine with anyone else even if he has same symptoms as you do.
- Do not use this medication for any other infection without referring to the doctor.
- In case you do not feel comfort after completing the dose prescribed by the doctor then consult with your doctor immediately.
- The safety and efficacy of this drug is not established in children below 6 months of age.