Out Of Stock
|Generic Name||Butenafine Hcl Cream|
About the drug:
Butenafine HCl is an antifungal antibiotic that is used against infections caused by fungus. It is synthetic benzylamine and is structurally related to the antifungal such as terbinafine.
Uses of the drug:
This medicine is primarily used in the treatment of skin infections such as athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm, and yeast infections. This medicine is also used for the treatment of a skin condition known as pityriasis (tenia versicolor), a fungal infection which results in lightening or darkening of the skin, neck, chest, arms, or legs. Butenafine HCl is sold under various trade names. This medicine is suitable for adults and children above the age of 12 years.
Working of the drug:
Butenafine hydrochloride is a synthetic benzylamine drug that works by restraining the sterol synthesis by inhibiting an enzyme known as squalene epoxidase that is needed in fungal cell membranes
Butop 1% cream (15 gm) is manufactured by cipla, india. You can buy butop 15 gm cream online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the cream form in the following strength on our website:
- Butop 1% cream (15 gm)
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
- Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
- Are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have serious liver problem
- Have serious heart complaint
- Have kidney problems
- Have bleeding problems
How much to apply the drug?
Butenafine HCl comes as cream. Apply small amount of the topical product as per the doctor’s advice. Always take the drug dose as prescribed by the doctor only. Never change the dosage, start, or stop using the drug without doctor’s permission. Regular usage of the product will improve the condition within 1-3 weeks
How to apply the drug?
- While applying butenafine HCl cream, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands and the skin area affected using a mild soap and water
- Pat dry your skin with a cotton cloth
- Wait for 1-2 minutes before applying this medicine
- Use clean fingertips, a cotton swab to apply the medication( a pea sized)
- Apply only the enough amount of medicine to cover the area lightlyApply it religiously two times a day in morning and evening so as the infected area heal faster. Proper care of the infected area is necessary. Time to time application of the cream will prove beneficial and will speed up the healing procedure. Avoid covering the medicated area with dressing or bandages that don’t allow proper air circulation (occlusive dressings).
For how long to apply?
Use this medicine as long as the doctor tells you to take. Use the medication exactly as directed. Never use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
An overdose of butenafine HCl cream is a very rare case, still if you feel any discomfort get emergency medical attention or call the doctor immediately.
If you miss a dose of butenafine HCl, apply it as soon as you remember. Applying too much of cream to make up the missed one can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Stinging of the skin
- Blister formation or crusting of the skin
- Scaling of skin
- Peeling off
- Burning sensation on the area applied
In above cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Common drug interactions:
Certain other drugs can interact with Butenafine HCl and increase the risk of serious problems. So it is necessary to consult your doctor about the following drugs such as:
Ask your doctor to give you a full list of the drugs needed to be avoided while taking the drug as they may interfere it and may cause adverse effects.
Things to remember:
Also avoid tight fitting clothes or synthetic clothing.
If you are using this medicine for jock itch in your feet, then wear clean cotton socks, sandals or shoes that allows proper air circulation to the affected area
This medicine may be harmful if swallowed
Do not use the medicine after the date of expiry
If the medicine get accidently into eyes then wash your eyes thoroughly with water
This medicine is for topical use only
Leading Online Pharmacy
& OTC Products
Leading Online Pharmacy
& OTC Products