Fincar 5 mg (Finasteride) is used to treat enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia).
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.68||US$ 20.50|
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.58||US$ 35.0015%US$ 41.00|
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.53||US$ 48.0022%US$ 61.50|
Fincar 5 mg:
Fincar 5 mg tablets known as the generic of Finasteride 5 mg, is mainly used to treat BPH (Benign prostatic hyperplasia or enlarged prostate) to minimize the prostate size and reduce the risk of urinary retention.
The tablets are also famous for treating male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia). Androgenic alopecia is a very common type of hair loss in males that affects almost 70% of the men population. It helps in increasing the hair growth and prevents further hair loss from the scalp.
Fincar can maintain the hair growth and prevent baldness in men with mild to moderate form of hairloss, but it does not restore hair that may have been already lost long time back. Women and children should not use Fincar.
Working of Fincar:
Fincar 5mg works by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone into more potent androgen dihydrotestosterone or DHT. Dihydrotestosterone is the main hormone that miniaturizes and shrinks the hair follicle which leads to baldness and hair loss.
The manufacturer of Fincar- 5mg is Cipla, India. You can purchase Fincar - 5mg online also.
Do Not Take Fincar 5mg If You:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredients.
- Are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are suffering from liver disease
- Are unable to urinate
- Have bladder muscle disorder
- Are taking any other medicines
- Are suffering from any other ailments
- Are allergic to any other medicine
The dose of the medicine is fixed after taking into consideration several factors such as severity of condition, response to treatment, drug interaction and so on. Usually the dose that is prescribed is one tablet per day. It is recommended not to take more or less than the dose prescribed by your doctor as it may result in adverse effect in the body.
The drug should be taken as per the instruction of your doctor. It should be taken with the help of a glass of water. The medicine can be taken with or without food too but taking it after food is advisable. Do not crush or break the tablet. Swallow the medicine as a whole.
The medicine is to be taken for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Side Effects of Fincar:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include :
- Swelling in your hands or feet
- Headache runny nose
- Rashes or itching
- Skin rash
- Nipple discharge
- Pain in testicles
- Breast lumps
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing
- Swelling or breast tenderness
- Swelling of face or lips
- Finasteride may cause loss of sexual desire. This may continue for some time after men stop using the drug.
The above side effects will disappear after some time. In case the side effects persist or become serious, you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can.
Common Drug Interactions:
There are certain medicines which may interact with an active ingredient i.e. Finasteride and increase or decrease the working of the medicine. Tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently so that he can check for possible drug interaction. Also tell him about the medicines that you are allergic to. The following drugs may interact with Finasteride and affect the working of the medicine:
- St john’s Wort
- Fish oil
Things to Remember:
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
- The drug should be taken continuously for the prescribed period of time to maintain the hair growth.
- Tell your doctor if the condition does not improve even after taking medicine for sufficient period of time.