Lobet 100 mg
Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Samarth Pharma, India|
About the drug:
The medicine contains the active ingredient Labetalol. It is used alone or with other medicines for the treatment of high blood pressure. Taking the medicine lowers blood pressure and thereby prevents strokes, kidney and heart problems.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is used in the control, prevention, treatment and improvement of the following conditions, disease and symptoms:
- High blood pressure episodes following a heart attack
- Clonidine withdrawal hypertension
- Severe high blood pressure during surgery
- Rare tumour of adrenal gland tissue
Working of the drug:
The medicine is both a beta and an alpha blocker. It works by blocking the action of some natural chemicals in the body such as epinephrine on the heart and blood vessels. This leads to lowering of the blood pressure, heart rate and also lowers the strain on the heart.
Lobet is manufactured by Samarth Pharma, India . The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Lobet 100 mg online visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Lobet 100 mg
Buy Lobet 100 mg online at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to the main ingredient Labetalol or any other ingredient of the drug
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
- Are breast feeding your baby unless otherwise stated by your doctor.
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have heart/kidney or liver disease
- Have asthma
- Have severe allergic reaction
- Have diabetes
- Have cancer
- Are taking any other medication
How much to take the drug?
Usually the dosage of the medicine depends on the condition being treated, the severity of the condition, your age, interaction with other drugs amongst other factors. Generally the starting dose for adult is 100 mg daily. However, in case of emergency 50 mg can be given at 5 minutes interval up to a maximum of 200 mg. Initially a low dose may be prescribed which will be increased gradually.
How to take the drug?
The medicine is in the form of a tablet that needs to be taken by mouth with the help of water and along with food.
For how long to take it?
The medicine should be taken regularly to get the full benefit of the drug. Even if your condition improves do not discontinue the medicine and take it for the full prescribed period. When treated for high blood pressure it may take several weeks before you start getting benefits from it.
Never take excess of the dose prescribed for you as it may lead to some serious side effects. In case of overdose do contact your physician for any help.
If you miss a dose, it needs to be taken as soon as you remember. However, do not take double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects that you may experience are:
- Abnormal tingling
- Blurred vision
Some of the serious side effects which you may experience and which may require immediate medical attention are:
- Blue fingers/toes,
- Trouble breathing
- New symptoms of heart failure
- Severe tiredness
- Sudden weight gain
- Mental/mood changes
- Persistent nausea
- Severe stomach pain
- Dark urine
These are not the only side effects that can happen. You may experience other side effects as well.
Common drug interactions:
Some medicines when taken together may increase or decrease the activity of the medicine Lobet. Hence they should not be taken together. Some of such medicines are:
Tell your doctor in case you are taking any medicines including herbal medicines so that drug interaction does not happen.
Things to remember:
- Do not operate any machines or drive when taking this medicine.
- Have your pulse rate and blood pressure checked regularly while taking the drug.
- To monitor your progress, medical tests should be done at regular intervals.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone.
- Store the medicine in a cool, dark and hygienic place away from the reach of children.
- Tell your doctor about your medical history and also about all the drugs that you are taking to avoid any problems.