Mesacol 400 mg
Out Of Stock
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma, India|
About the drug:
The medicine belongs to the type of medication called aminosalicylates. It is used to treat inflammatory bowel diseases and other symptoms as well. It contains the active ingredient mesalamine.
Uses of the drug:
The medicine is used mainly to treat an inflammatory bowel disease which is a chronic inflammatory condition of the digestive tract that happens due to alternating periods of remission and relapse. It can also be used to treat various symptoms such as diarrhoea, mild to moderate ulcerative colitis such as stomach pain and rectal bleeding. Some time doctors prescribe the medicine for treating Crohn's disease as well.
Working of the drug:
The medicine contains the active ingredient mesalamine, an anti-inflammatory that prevents the production of several chemicals that are known to cause inflammation, tissue damage, swelling and diarrhoea.
Mesacol is manufactured by Sun Pharma, India. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Mesacol 400 mg online visit alldaychemist.com
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Mesacol 400 mg
Buy Mesacol 400 mg online at discounted price.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you are:
- Allergic to the main ingredient Mesalamine or any other ingredient of the drug.
- Are breast feeding your baby
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have liver disease
- Have kidney disease
- Are using any vitamins or supplements
- Are suffering from any other ailments
- Are allergic to any food or medicine
- Are using any other medication
How much to take the drug?
The recommended dose will be fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly. Usually the dose of the medicine depends upon age, weight, severity of condition, response to treatment and also drug interaction. Generally the medicine is to be taken once or twice a day as per the advice of your doctor.
How to take the drug?
The drug needs to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. In order to prevent stomach upset you can take it with food or a glass of milk.
For how long to take it?
The drug needs to be taken for the entire period of time which has been prescribed by your doctor. You must not leave the medicine mid way without consulting with your doctor.
The medicine should be taken only in the prescribed quantity. Over dose of medicine should be avoided. Overdose may result in several side effects. In case of overdose of medicine you must consult your doctor immediately.
Missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember unless the time for the next dose is almost near. In such case you should skip the dose and continue with the original schedule.
Side effects of the drug:
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Excessive gas
- Stomach pain
If the common side effects worsen then you must consult your doctor. Some of the serious side effects that you may encounter while taking the medicine and for which you may need to consult your doctor are:
- Hair loss
- Muscle or joint pain
- Bloody urine
- Chest pain
- Bloody or coffee ground like vomit
- Change in the amount of urine
Common drug interactions:
It is very important to maintain a list of medicine that you are taking presently. Also a list of medicines that you are allergic to should be maintained. Some of the drugs which may interact with Mesacol tablets are the immunosuppressant azathioprine, the laxative lactulose, the anticoagulant warfarin, digoxin for heart failure and the anti-cancer drugs mercaptopurine.
This is not the complete list of medicine that may interact. There may be other medicines as well.
Things to remember:
- The medicine should be stored in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture.
- It should be used only for the purpose for which it has been prescribed and not for any other purpose.
- The medicine should not be shared with anyone else even though they are suffering from the same symptoms.
- Even after taking the medicine the symptoms still persist then you must visit your doctor again and discuss about your condition.
- In case of any hypersensitive or allergic reaction you must seek medical attention immediately.