About the drug:
Tamsulosin and Dutasteride combination drug is sold under brands such Veltam-Plus Tablets among several other trade names. This medication is anti-androgenic used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. This drug is for males only.
Uses if the drug:
This drug is prescribed primarily for men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarge prostate) which makes it harder for them to urinate. This medication thus improves urination in men. Tamsulosin-Dutasteride may also be prescribed for conditions not listed above.
Working of the drug:
- Tamsulosin works as a perfect alpha anti-androgen, and blocks the functionality by binding with the androgenic receptors. This causes a relaxation in smooth muscle and therefore less resistance to urinary flow Androgens such as testosterone are natural male sex hormone.
- Dutasteride works as a competitive inhibitor of the 0.5-alpha reductase. This enzyme converts testosterone to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
- Change of testosterone to DHT done by 0.5-alpha reductase is necessary for prostatic hyperplasia development, thus the Dutasteride drug blocks the conversion.
Veltam Plus tablets are manufactured by a well known pharmaceutical company, Intas Pharmaceutical India. It is available on our website and you can buy Veltam Plus 0.4 + 0.5 mg online from alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
Veltam F is available in the form of tablets. It is available in following strength of the active ingredient like:
- Veltam Plus 0.4 + 0.5 mg
To buy Veltam Plus 0.4 + 0.5 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
Are a female as this drug is meant for use in males only
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have planned to receive any vaccine, then always consult with the doctor
- Have a history of stomach ulcers and bleeding
- Have liver disease
- Have a migraine headache
- Have kidney problems
- A bleeding or blood clotting disorder
How much to take the drug?
Take Veltam Plus strictly according to your doctor’s direction or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions on them for detailed information on that particular medication. Always store this medicine in a cool and dry place.
How to take the drug:
It is usually taken once per day after about 30 minutes of having a meal. Ensure that you take this medication at the same time every day. Avoid crushing or chewing the tablet and swallow it whole. This drug lowers blood pressure and may lead to dizziness or fainting, especially in the initial period after starting it, or when you restart the medication after a long time. Notify your doctor if you experience severe dizziness, or feel like you may faint.
For how long to take it?
Treatment for 6 months may be required. Take the drug as long as prescribed by your doctor. Ask your doctor about the time period for which the drug must be taken. Use the tablets every day continuously until your doctor tells you to discontinue. If you cease taking the drug for some reason, inform your doctor before starting it again as you may need a different dose than before.
In case you feel any discomfort due to overdose, you may need urgent medical attention. Even if you do not feel any symptoms of overdose, still go to the nearest hospital or call your doctor immediately.
Take the dose as soon as you remember, and then go back to taking it as you would normally. If it is less than 12 hours of the next dose, do not take the dose you have missed. Do not double the dose to make up for the one that you overlooked.
Side effects of the drug:
Tamsulosin-Dutasteride oral usage can cause severe headache that can occur every time you use this medicine. When you first wake up after taking Tamsulosin-Dutasteride, you may feel very dizzy so take care while standing up from sitting or lying position. You will be required to get your blood pressure and prostate checked at regular intervals. Don’t forget to visit your doctor regularly. Your doctor may recommend you an aspirin free pain killer such as acetaminophen. Other side effects include dizziness or mild headache. However, these are not all the side effects which you may get due to Tamsulosin oral. There may be others. If you experience any serious side effect due to this medicine, get medical attention right away.
Common drug interactions:
Some medicines and Veltam Plus may interfere with each other. You may have to stop taking one of the medicines if you are on a dose of Veltam Plus:
- Calcium channel blockers
- Antiviral medicines for HIV infection
If you are taking any of these then tell your doctor and consult your doctor to get a full list of the drugs to be avoided.
Things to remember:
- Pregnant females should not touch this medicine; if accidently they touch the tablets, then make it sure to wash the hands properly.
- Be sure to make all your appointment with your doctor so your progress can be checked
- If you ever go to the hospital, then inform the doctor that you are taking this medicine
- Do not give this medicine to anyone even if the symptoms are same
|US Brand Name||Jalyn|
|Strength||0.4 mg + 0.5 mg|
|Generic Name||Tamsulosin + Dutasteride|
|Manufacturer||Intas Pharmaceuticals, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Also, it helped to regrow some hair on my receding hairline.