About Sleep Enhancer: Sleep is considered to be the special and important part of our daily life; the human body needs it on a regular basis. A good night’s sleep helps you feel energetic, focus, and restored while a poor night’s sleep makes you feel fatigued, irritable, and unable to concentrate. Sleep loss can have significant negative effects on the mental, physical, and emotional well-being of an individual. It has been demonstrated that sleep influences many aspects of well-being, including:
• Immunity: Studies have been shown that lack of sleep affects our immune system’s ability to fight against diseases.
• Memory and Learning: According to clinical trials sleep benefits, learning, memory, and cognitive performance.
• Blood sugar: Adult people who do not get enough sleep become less sensitive to insulin, which plays a vital role in keeping levels of blood sugar balanced.
• Heart Health: Poor sleep quality negatively affects heart health. An adult should have more than seven hours sleep to have healthy, excible arteries.
Sleep is essential to human health. People who have difficulty falling asleep may try sleep enhancers in an effort to fall asleep faster, longer, and improve the overall quality of their sleep. These sleep aids are used to induce sleep by suppressing activities in the central nervous system (CNS). To improve the quality of sleep, people may use relaxation therapies, dietary supplements, or other forms of complementary and alternative medicines.
Causes of sleep problems:
• Your bedroom: If you have trouble sleeping, then you need to look at your bedroom first. To get a good night’s sleep, you need a bedroom that’s pleasant, welcoming, and inviting. Keep it dark at night. Your room should not be too cold and too hot.
• Your lifestyle: Today, life is fast-paced and nonstop. Sleeping problems result from a full, busy, and stressful lifestyle. Make a bedtime routine; do not go to bed too early or too late. Maintain a regular sleep pattern so try to avoid a late night out on your day off. Sleep for at least six hours a day in order to get the right amount of sleep. Avoid consuming alcohol. Do not use your cell phones and computers late night.
• Stress and worry: Worry and stress steal your joy. The burden of work and pressure of responsibility leads to a stressful life. To overcome this problem, sleep by placing the hand on your heart so that you can hear it beating. Then breathe slowly and deeply for a few seconds. Repeat the procedure until your heart rate slows down. This will help slow your busy brain activity. Always speak positive and stay away from negative thoughts.
• Diet: Diet plays a significant role in getting you a good night’s sleep. Sleep problems can be eliminated by making simple dietary changes.
Signs and symptoms of sleep problems
Here are some common symptoms:
• Daytime fatigue
• Stomach problems
• Difficulty falling asleep
• Lack of concentration
• The strong urge to take naps during the daytime
This section summarizes what is known about some of the complementary medications that people use to fall asleep.
• Herbal therapy: Chamomile is an herb, which commonly used as bedtime tea. Its irregular use of before bedtime makes you sleep faster and for longer. It is considered to be the best tea for sleep. The herbal sleep tea not only maintains a deeper sleep at night, but also maintains a calm alertness during the day. It has a delicious taste and helps unwind at the end of a long day. The natural sleep aid has the added benefit of being soothing to the tummy. It calms both the body and the mind at the same time.
• Melatonin supplement: It is widely used for insomnia (a sleep disorder). It has been shown to help elderly people fall asleep faster and is safe at recommended doses for short-term use.
• Other complementary and alternative approaches: Scientific evidence shows that acupuncture and music therapy can have sleep benefits for older adults and children.
Myths and facts:
Myth: Sleeping pills replace the brain and body benefits of natural sleep.
Fact: No, it's not correct, sleeping aids only help reduce the anxiety you feel before or during bedtime.
Steps to improve the health:
• Avoid consuming nicotine, wine, liquor, beer, and caffeine for at least five hours before bedtime.
• Do not exercise before two hours of bedtime.
• Breathe deeply and fully involving not only the chest, but also the belly; it helps our nervous system that controls relaxation.
• Maintain a two-hour gap in between meal and sleep.
• Avoid taking the nap later than 3 p.m.
• Switch off all the lights and make sure there is no noise in the room. The room temperature should be normal; it should not be too hot or too cold for you.
• If you are unable to sleep within 20 minutes, do not force yourself and lying on the bed instead get up and do something that makes you fall asleep.
• Make a habit of reading or listening to music before bedtime; this makes you feel sleepy.
• Stick to a regular schedule; go to bed and wake up at the same time each day.
Important things to know
• Consult with your physician before you start taking sleep enhancers and if you have any questions or concerns.
• Avoid taking alcohol and other medications that depress the CNS.
• Take herbal sleep tea or other drugs in limited amounts as suggested by the provider.
• Carefully read the information guide, when available, before using any herbal or a medicinal product.