About the drug:
Azelaic acid is the active ingredient of Finacea, Aziderm cream or gel among several other brands. It is an organic compound which is found naturally in wheat, rye and barley. It aids in quick
renewal of the skin thereby reducing pimple and blackheads. It also kills acne and Rosacea causing bacteria and hence, it is used to treat acne and Rosacea.
Uses of the drug:
Azelaic acid is a drug that is used for the treatment of Acne. It helps to treat the acne symptoms and lessen the acne marks.
Working of the drug:
Azelaic Acid is a very active exfoliator that accelerates the skin cycle. The azelaic acid improves the pigmentation by speeding up the elimination of melanin in the dermis. It also increase collagen levels in the skin cells and improve fine wrinkles. It does not, however, have an effect on deep converges formed on the skin and ice pick scars. This medicine all improves the overall quality of skin.
Aziderm cream 10% (15 gm) is manufactured by Micro Labs, India. You can buy Azelaic acid 15 gm cream online at alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
This drug is available in the cream form in the following strength on our website:
Aziderm cream 10% (15 gm)
Before you take this drug:
Do not take this drug if you:
Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients present in this medicine
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
Tell your doctor if you:
- Have blood pressure or kidney problems
- Have serious liver problem
- Have serious heart complaint
- Have kidney problems
- Have bleeding problems
- Have stomach ulcerative colitis
How much to apply the drug?
Azelaic acid comes in topical liquid, cream or gel forms. Apply small amount of the topical product as per the doctor’s advice. Always take the drug dose as prescribed by the doctor only. Never change the dosage, start, or stop using the drug without doctor’s permission. Usually your acne will get worse for the first 7-8 days, but do not discontinue the product. Regular usage of the product will improve the condition within 3-4 weeks and acne/scars will diminish.
How to apply the drug?
- While applying Azelaic acid cream, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands and the skin area affected using a mild soap and water
- Pat dry your skin with a cotton cloth
- Wait for 15-30 minutes before applying this medicine
- Use clean fingertips, a cotton swab to apply the medication( a pea sized)
- Apply only the enough amount of medicine to cover the area lightly
- Apply it religiously two times a day in morning and bedtime so, as the acne scars heal faster. Proper care of the infected area is necessary. Time to time application of the cream will prove
- beneficial and will speed up the healing procedure.
For how long to apply?
Use this medicine as long as the doctor tells you to take. Use the medication exactly as directed. Never use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
An overdose of Azelaic acid cream is a very rare case, still if you feel any discomfort get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately.
If you miss a dose of Azelaic acid, apply it as soon as you remember. Applying too much of cream to make up the missed one can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
Side effects of the drug:
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Blister formation or crusting of the skin
- Peeling off
- Stinging of the skin
- Scaling of skin
- Burning sensation on the area applied
In above cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
Common drug interactions:
Azelaic acid medication which is applied topically is highly unlikely to interact with other drugs taken orally or injected. However it is always better and safe to share your entire medical history and any present medication and other related products details with your doctor as there may be some interaction possible. Do not start a new medicine on your own or stop or alter the course of other medications.
Things to remember:
- One should not exceed the dose prescribed by doctor
- This medicine may be harmful if swallowed
- If the medicine get accidently into eyes then wash your eyes thoroughly with water
- This medicine is for topical use only
- Do not use the medicine after the date of expiry
|US Brand Name||Finacea Cream 10%|
|Strength||10 % (15gm)|
|Generic Name||Azelaic Acid|
|Manufacturer||Micro Lab, India|
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.