|Manufacturer||Zydus Healthcare, India|
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Cart|
|28 Tablet/s||US$ 11.00||US$ 11.00|
|56 Tablet/s||US$ 0.31||US$ 17.5020%US$ 22.00|
|84 Tablet/s||US$ 0.26||US$ 22.0033%US$ 33.00|
About the drug:
Estradiol is a type of estrogen, a female sex hormone produced by the ovaries. It is required for several processes in the body. When it is not produced in sufficient quantities in the body (for example: in postmenopausal women), then it has to be taken in the form of medication. Estradiol is sold as medication under various trade names. This medication is available in several forms such as tablets, vaginal tablet, vaginal tabs, injections and skin patches.
Uses of the drug:
Estradiol is prescribed primarily for the treatment of menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal dryness, burning, and irritation. Some of its other uses are prevention of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women, and replacement of estrogen in women with ovarian failure or other disorders that result in deficiency of natural estrogen in the body. Estradiol medication is also used for the treatment of some types of cancer in women and men.
Working of the drug:
In women, menopause occurs somewhere between the age of 45-55 years. After menopause the body produces less amount of estrogen. This can cause symptoms such as "hot flushes".
Estrogens are like the hormones produced by the ovaries before menopause, they can help to control the symptoms. Along with progesterone the estrogen is used to treat women who have had their uterus or "womb” removed.
Progynova is manufactured by German Remedies. The drugs are available on our website under various pack sizes. To buy Progynova 1 mg online, visit alldaychemist.com.
Dosage form and strengths:
The drug is available in the form of tablet under the following brand name and strength on our website:
- Progynova 1 mg
Buy Progynova 1 mg online at alldaychemist.com.
Before you take the drug:
Do not take the drug if you:
- Are allergic to Estriol, soya or peanuts or any other ingredients this medication contains
- Are pregnant: You should not accidently consume Estriol, if you get pregnant or even if you doubt that you might have become pregnant
- Are breast feeding as the drug may get absorbed in the skin to affect the mother’s blood and milk glands
How much to take the drug?
Dosage depends upon your age, weight, medical condition and your response to the treatment. Hence doctor will decide your dose. Take the dose exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
How to take the drug?
The drug is usually recommended to be taken with the meal or snack. The tablets can be swallowed easily with a glass of water. Take the dose as prescribed by him. Doses might vary depending on the condition and age of the patient. Ensure that you use this medicine at the same time each day and complete your entire schedule to get the full benefits of its properties. Positive results might take up to several weeks to show. In case of any doubt, you can reach your doctor, refer to the prescription label.
For how long to take it?
You should take the dose until you finish the prescription. Do not change the dose or stop it even if you feel better. You should complete the dose.
In case of an overdose, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor Immediately.
Without any hesitation, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, it shouldn't be consumed if it is already time for your next dosage. Never make the mistake of taking any extra medication to make up for the missed doses, as this could create other complications.
Side effects of the drug:
- Pain while passing water or urine
- Frequent urination
- Gall bladder trouble
- Dark patches or red marks on the skin
- Bruises or swelling on the legs
- Memory loss
- Leg cramps
- Surplus vaginal discharge
- An itching aggravation in or around the vagina are some of the side effects caused by this drug.
- Headaches, feeling sick, skin rashes, tender breasts, sudden chest pain, and dizziness are other common occurrences. You could also face some grievances such as pre-menstrual symptoms, irregular heartbeats, breathing difficulties, and yellowing of the skin. Irrespective of whatever reaction you might experience, it is imperative that you immediately get in touch with your doctor.
Common drug interactions:
Some drugs have the ability to render Conjugated estrogens less effective, while there are other drugs that could produce some serious side effects when coupled with Estriol. At all times keep your doctor in the loop about every prescription and other types of medications you are on, before taking this drug. Do not ever consider starting a new course of this drug without seeking your physician's advice first.
Things to remember:
Ask your doctor if this drug will restrict your efficiency while driving or operating heavy machinery, and accordingly take certain appropriate measures.
- If the medicine get accidently into eyes then wash your eyes thoroughly with water
- This medicine is for topical use only and should not be swallowed
- The safety and efficacy of this drug is not established in children below 16 years of age.
- Do not freeze the medicine and store the medicine at room temperature.