Fungal infection treatment depends on the type of infection. While vaginal yeast infection medicines and antifungal creams are already available for treating vaginal yeast infections, most infections respond positively to home remedies for yeast infections when followed correctly.
Vaginal yeast infection: A common fungal infection in women
Fungal infections tend to develop on the surface of the skin or in other areas that are warm or moist. Usually, fungal infection causes a lot of itching. Candidiasis is one of the common fungal infections affecting the oral mucosa, vagina, penis, or other parts of the body. Vaginal candidiasis results from the overgrowth of yeast in the vagina.
Symptoms of yeast infection include vaginal itching, pain during sexual intercourse, pain when urinating, and abnormal vaginal discharge. Any woman can get infected with a vaginal fungal infection and is quite common in today’s lifestyle. Vaginal yeast infection treatment includes the use of antifungal medications.
Although you can easily find over-the-counter products and antifungal creams in the market, most fungal skin infections can be cured with home remedies. Some natural remedies for yeast infection can help you get rid of the yeast that is causing the infection, as well as help relieve the symptoms of yeast infection.
Treatment options for yeast infection
Out of many different fungi species, there are only a few that are responsible for causing illness. A fungus is not categorized under the class of bacteria or viruses, but still, it can cause an infection. Yeast is a fungus. Also, mushrooms and molds fall into the category of fungi. Yeast is often associated with the infection of the vagina in women.
However, there are other types of yeast infections as well that can affect skin all over the body. Here, it is essential to know that we can’t see many of the fungi present on the skin with our naked eyes. Most of the time these fungi don’t cause any trouble, but sometimes, a fungus gives rise to an infection. This guide will help you know seven home remedies for vaginal infections.
- Plain yogurt – When treating a yeast infection, plain yogurt will help reduce the growth of fungi. Yogurt contains probiotics, which are the bacteria that line your digestive tract and helps your body to absorb essential nutrients and fight off infection. Probiotics are the best skin fungal infection treatment as it restores the balance of bacteria and yeast in the vagina.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is considered effective for skin fungus treatment. The fatty acids present in coconut oil act as fungicides and help you get rid of the infection when you dab it not the affected areas of the skin. While using it treat vaginal fungal infection and you can soak a tampon into the coconut oil before inserting it into the vagina.
- Garlic – The antibacterial properties of garlic make it one of the excellent remedies for yeast infection. It is a natural fungal infection medicine; it is incredibly beneficial for a fungal infection found under the nail bed. Applying freshly crushed garlic is the best treatment for fungal infection. This kitchen ingredient acts as an antibiotic and helps to speed up the recovery process as a bonus.
- Apple cider vinegar – Loaded with antimicrobial activities, Apple cider vinegar, is a popular treatment for fungal infection. It is beneficial for treating any fungal infection. Drinking diluted apple cider vinegar helps to kill off infection and prevent them from spreading to other parts of the body. Apple cider vinegar contains essential nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus.
- Cranberries – Cranberry juice can help you relieve symptoms of the urinary tract infection. It is considered particularly effective against yeast infections. Cranberries contain a specific substance that prevents bacterial growth and stick to the mucous membrane. Drinking its juices helps correct pH levels of urine, which helps prevent fungal growth.
- Tea tree oil – Tea tree oil helps to kill bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Research studies also support tea tree oil’s antifungal properties.
- Neem oil – Another natural remedy that has been used for centuries to treat fungal infections. Derived from the leaves and bark of the neem tree, this essential oil has potent antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties that help to keep the infection at bay. You add neem leaves to a little warm water while bathing. Or apply a paste of neem leaves to the affected area to eliminate the infection. Pat dry the treated area.
Fungal infections are common, and they can affect both humans and animals. They can cause serious infections; however, home remedies for fungal infection treatment exist. These above-mentioned home remedies for yeast infection in women help eliminate the yeast from the body.
Also Read: Nutrition Tips for Optimal Women’s Health