Fungal infections are common, and they can affect both human and animals. They can cause serious infections, and data suggests that around 1.6 million people die each year due to fungal infections. However, there are some natural remedies available in forms of treatment for fungal infections.
Out of many different fungi species, there are only a few that are responsible for causing illness. A fungus is not categorized under the class of bacteria or viruses, but still, it can cause an infection. Yeast is a fungus. Also, mushrooms and molds fall into the category of fungi. Yeast is often associated with the infection of the vagina in women. However, there are other types of yeast infection as well that can affect skin all over the body. Here, it is essential to know that we can’t see many of the fungi present on the skin with our naked eyes. Most of the times these fungi don’t cause any trouble, but sometimes, a fungus gives rise to an infection. This guide will help you know seven home remedies to fight off different fungal infections that people experience.
- Plain yoghurt- When treating a yeast infection, plain yoghurt will help reduce the growth of fungi. Yoghurt contains probiotics, which are the bacteria’s that line your digestive tract and helps your body to absorb essential nutrients and fight off infection.
- Coconut oil- Coconut oil is considered an effective remedy for fungal skin infections. The fatty acids present in coconut oil acts as fungicides and help you get rid of the infection when you dab it not the affected areas of the skin. While using it treat vaginal fungal infection and you can soak a tampon into the coconut oil before inserting it into the vagina.
- Garlic- the antibacterial properties of garlic make it an excellent option for fungal skin infections. It is a natural fungal infection medicine; it is incredibly beneficial for a fungal infection found under the nail bed. Applying freshly crushed garlic is the best treatment for fungal infection. This kitchen ingredient acts as an antibiotic and helps to speed up the recovery process as a bonus.
- Apple cider vinegar- Loaded with antimicrobial activities, Apple cider vinegar, is a popular treatment for fungal infection. It is beneficial for treating any fungal infection. Drinking diluted apple cider vinegar helps to kill off infection and prevent them from spreading to other parts of the body. Apple cider vinegar contains essential nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus.
- Cranberries- Cranberry juice can help you relieve symptoms of the urinary tract infection. It is considered particularly effective against yeast infections. Cranberries contain a specific substance that prevents bacterial growth and stick to the mucous membrane. Drinking its juices helps correct pH levels of urine, which helps prevent fungal growth.
Also Read: 6 Painful Fungal Infections
- Soap- This might be the simplest yet effective way to get rid of a fungal infection. Wash the ringworm affected area with soap and water thoroughly to prevent the infection from spreading to other areas of the body. Pat your skin dry as fungus thrives in a moist environment. Prefer using an antibacterial soap to wash off the infected area. You can also contact a dermatologist and discuss which antibacterial soap works best for you.
- Neem oil– Another natural remedy that has been used for centuries to treat fungal infections. Derived from the leaves and bark of the neem tree, this essential oil has a potent antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties that help to keep the infection at bay. Your add neem leaves to a little warm water while bathing. Or apply a paste of neem leaves to the affected area to get rid of the infection. Pat dry the treated area.