Do you wonder if your drinking is out of hand or maybe you have been drinking for a very long time? Having realized that, now do you want to cut down your alcohol intake? Reducing your alcohol intake will give you loads of feel-good benefits. Read to know more about the negative effects and the side effects of alcohol.
How much is too much?
The first step is to analyze the amount you drink and what equals in alcohol units and calories. It is a quick and easy way to decide whether it’s time to cut down as the government advises that people should not regularly drink more than the daily unit guidelines of 3-4 units of alcohol for men and 2-3 units of alcohol for women. Regularly drinking means consuming alcohol every day or most days of the week. The guidelines state that regularly drinking puts you at a flared risk of developing health problems.
How will you know if you have a Drinking Problem?
Ask these questions to yourself:
- Does your drinking causes trouble to your family and friends?
- Do you feel bad after drinking?
- Do you drink after telling yourself that you won’t?
- Do you drink first thing in the morning to get rid of a hangover?
If your answers to all these question is affirmative, then you may have a severe drinking problem.
Here, we share some quick tips that will help you with your alcohol addiction treatment.
- Keep track of your drinking by using a notepad or smartphone to log the number and type of drinks you consume each day.
- Don’t keep stocks at home because the more you possess, the more tempted you will be.
- Set daily or weekly limits for yourself and keep on reducing the limit each week.
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach, instead drink with your dinner.
- Take small sips and prefer water, soda, or juice in between your drinks.
- Avoid bar-gatherings if you tend to drink after work with your colleagues.
- Take support from your family and friends so that they can encourage you to reach your goals.
- Ask your doctor for recommendations or look up your local support groups in your area.
- Save the cash that you would have otherwise spent on alcohol, and treat yourself to something special such as a day at the spa or a nice dinner every month.
- Lastly, avoid the temptation to drink and stick to your new diet regime.
Benefits of reducing or quitting alcohol intake:-
- Reducing the intake of alcohol can have a positive effect on your overall health and well-being.
- As alcohol is heavy on calories and with over 500 calories in an average bottle of wine, cutting down is a great way to stay in shape.
- Get a sound sleep as drinking less alcohols means that you get more high quality sleep, as alcohol interferes with the normal sleep activity.
- Stress is reduced, as excess alcohol can make you feel more stressed because it’s a depressant.
- No hangovers, and you can kiss goodbye to a sore head, dry mouth and the awful hangover feeling.
Stay healthy as drinking less alcohol reduces the risks of alcohol-related cancers, diabetes and heart disease.
Here, at AllDayChemist we provide effective medications for Alcohol treatment. Timely alcohol treatment helps an individual to get rid of the habbit and lead a normal stress free life.