There is no permanent cure for the treatment for asthma, but there are asthma medications and alternative methods which may reduce the severity of the symptoms and can give instant reliefs from the symptoms. There are no antibiotics given in the treatment of asthma.
Asthma is a long inflammatory disease of the airways of the lungs and very common in the population. The reasons behind the asthma may be genetic and environmental factors. The unwanted substance in the environment like air pollution and allergens may cause asthma. There are some medications like aspirin and beta blockers, which may trigger asthma symptoms.
Family history is a risk factor for asthma; if anyone in the family had asthma may be the reason behind the appearance of the asthma in the present members of the family. The large number of the population is suffering from asthma because of the polluted environment.
Causes of the Asthma
There are combinations of complex and incompletely understood environmental and genetic interactions, which trigger the appearance of asthma. These genetic and environmental factors influence the both its severity and its responsiveness to treatment. The reason behind the increased number of cases in the population is due to the changing epigenetics and the changing lifestyle which is getting unhealthy day by day.
- Environmental factors- There are many environmental factors which are associated with the occurrence of the asthma and its symptoms. There are various allergens and pollutants in the environment which may be the reason behind your asthma problems. One of the most dangerous habit which may trigger asthma in the children is smoking during pregnancy and low air quality due to pollution also increase the risk of asthma. The indoor allergens like dust mites, cockroaches, animal dander and mold also trigger the appearance of asthma. Certain viral respiratory infections occurring during childhood may lead to the development of asthma in the children.
- Genetic factors- The asthma may occur due to the genetic factors and family history can lead to asthma in the present generations. The pedigree analysis of the effected family shows that if any ancestors had asthma, then there are strong chances of having asthma in the present generations. Some genetic variants only cause asthma when they are combined with specific environmental exposures.
Symptoms of Asthma
Some asthma symptoms are given below which appears first after the occurrence of the asthma-
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness
- Sputum is produced in the lungs, but very tough to bring it up
The symptoms get worse during the night, morning or exposure to cold things or the environment.
- Sleep disturbances
- Anxiety disorders
- Mood disorders
The diagnosis of the asthma is very easy, but there is no properly defined method or procedure for the diagnosis of the asthma. The diagnosis of the asthma should be suspected if there is continuous wheezing, coughing or difficulty breathing and these symptoms if worsen during exercise, viruses or allergens then this confirms the presence of the asthma. If any of these symptoms appears in you consult the doctor and get the proper therapy and medications as soon as possible. There are no permanent cures for asthma, but by proper therapy and using asthma medications the symptoms can be controlled and there severity can be reduced.
Medications- There are salbutamol medicines which are the first line of treatment for asthma and are mostly prescribed to the patients whose symptoms get worse due to the exercise. There are anticholinergic medications such as ipatropium bromide is used in combination with SABA to give reliefs from the symptoms. These medicines are effective for instant reliefs. For the long term benefits the medicines prescribed as salmeterol and formoterol which can give long term benefits to the patients. These medicines are given along with steroids to reap the best benefits of the drugs and for the longer effects. If these medicines are not given with steroids, there are severe side effects which worsen the asthma symptoms.
Alternative medicines- There are various alternative medicines or therapies which are used for controlling and reducing the symptoms of asthma. Vitamin C is used to control asthma symptoms, but there are not enough evidence to support this method. There are some people who get acupuncture therapy for the treatment of asthma and it has shown great results in some people. There are some physiotherapy methods and respiratory therapeutic maneuvers which are used for reducing the symptoms the asthma.
There is no asthma cure or a permanent cure for asthma therefore, the best method to prevent yourself from triggering the symptoms of asthma. Some preventive measures are as follows-
- Don’t smoke during pregnancy
- Avoid allergens and smoking at the time of breast feeding
- Follow healthy lifestyles
- Do exercise regularly
Avoid exposure to the unwanted substances which may cause asthma
Latest posts by Amelia Smith (see all)
- Six Natural Ways to Treat Erectile Dysfunction - July 21, 2017
- Five Fiber Rich Foods for Human Health - July 17, 2017
- Cancer Could be Manageable Just like Diabetes & High Blood Pressure - July 12, 2017