Treatment of melasma remains a challenge even though we have a wide range of skincare products to treat it. Sun protection is the most crucial as it enhances the efficacy of one of the most effective topical treatments like Triluma cream.
Melasma is a skin disorder characterized by brown patches on the facial skin. It is more common in women 20 to 50 years of age. The condition usually occurs sun exposure, genetic predisposition, and hormonal changes. Triluma cream is the most used melasma cream in the United States. It combines hydroquinone, tretinoin, and fluocinolone in one tube; the product has been proven effective in treating brown, tan, and blue they spot on the face.
What is Triluma Cream?
Triluma cream is clinically proved to be much more effective than any other treatment available in the market for treating melasma. Studies have shown that it works way better than older treatments. Also, previously treatment options were limited, but with Triluma, patients with melasma have been offered new hope. The product is capable of managing blemishes better than any other treatment approach for melasma. It offers the most effective mechanism against hyperpigmentation because it incorporates the more powerful ingredients in one place. Other treatment options come with one or two skincare ingredients that limit the effectiveness while Triluma combines the effectiveness of three active ingredients.
- Tretinoin- This skin ingredient is retinoid (a form of vitamin A), highly concentrated to promote skin exfoliation. It enhances the skin’s appearance by boosting skin cell turnover number, were old and damaged cells replaced by new ones. It serves as a primary step towards the regrowth of healthy skin cells.
- Hydroquinone- It is a well-known skincare product when it comes to treating melasma. It follows a mechanism through which it reduces the pigmentation of the blemishes. It is known to inhibit the production of a skin pigment called melanin which gives skin its colour.
- Fluocinolone Acetonide- The third active constituent present in the triple combination cream is Fluocinolone, which is especially added to reduce inflammation associated with the skin condition.
How effective is this Triple Combination Cream?
Any new treatment approach prompts countless questions and concerns from patients interested in choosing the new remedy. Triluma cream, a triple combination cream is no different, and one of the most widely asked questions is how effective this medicinal preparation is. Firstly, you should know Triluma cream is a prescription treatment and should be used under the proper supervision of a skincare expert or a dermatologist. During clinical trials, patients suffering from moderate to severe melasma saw visible changes in the skin’s appearance within just four weeks of regular usage. In fact, by the eight weeks, most patients had noticed a significant reduction in the appearance of brown spots and patches. On treatment discontinuation, symptoms of melasma reappeared. Use of birth control pills and overexposure to sunlight may cause worsening of melasma in most patients. Melasma sufferers who have been prescribed with this triple combination cream are encouraged to limit their sun exposure to the sun. While receiving the topical treatment, use of sunscreen and protective clothing is highly recommended. While the triple combination formulation is not a cure, it has been proven extremely effective in reducing the appearance of brown/tan spots and patches that appear because of melasma.
How to use Triluma Cream?
Triluma cream is a mixture of three active pharmaceutical agents, namely tretinoin, a topical retinoid, hydroquinone, a bleaching agent, and fluocinolone, a steroid agent. To use the triple combination cream correctly, carefully follow these steps:
- Apply Triluma cream during bedtime, before washing your face with a mild cleanser. Make sure you pat your skin dry before applying the cream.
- Put a pea-size amount on your fingertips and rub it all over the affected area gently.
- Rub the formulation lightly and uniformly into the skin. If you still can see traces of medicine, continue to rub it until your skin absorbs the entire product.
- Keep the medicine away from your nostrils, eyes, and mouth. Be sure to spread the cream away from these sensitive areas of the skin.
Melasma can be frustrating skin conditions for the sufferer a well as the dermatologist. In most cases, it takes enough time to respond to any treatment approach, especially when it has existed for a longer duration. Even who able to get rid of this hyperpigmentation disorder may develop reappearance of brown patches on sun exposure. So, any treatment of melasma comes with lifelong sun protection. Triluma cream is one of the most effective remedies available for melasma sufferers. For best results, use it with sun protection under the guidance of a dermatologist.
Also Read: 6 Products to Rock Your Skincare Routine