The link between the mind and the body is very real. Keeping the system free of toxins is essential to maintain a healthy life. Natural detox diet is quite popular as it helps to remove toxins from the body.
Most people report that they feel more energetic, fresh and focused after their detox diets. Everyone benefits from a deep cleansing. It is a good way to jump-start the body for a healthier and more active life. Here are some foods that can help you to detox and help maintain balance.
• Cucumber – This vegetable is 95% water and is excellent to remove toxins and make the body alkaline.
• Garlic – It stimulates the liver to produce enzymes that cause detoxification.
• Broccoli – It produces a lot of vitamins while helping get rid of toxins. It enables your liver to transform the toxins into things that the body can get rid of easily. However, do not microwave it as it will reduce the detox properties of the vegetable.
• Lentils – They are very rich in fibre and help in elimination of toxins and deceases cholesterol levels. It is an important natural detox diet.
• Sunflower seeds – These contain plenty of vitamin, high selenium and enable the liver to detoxify. It also helps to avoid build up of cholesterol in the blood.
• Avocados – It comprises antioxidants and fibre and is one of the important detox foods.
Also Read: Foods that prevent acne
• Garlic – It strengthens the immune system and also enables the liver to function well. Also, it brings a flavour to the bland foods that you would be eating for the detox program.
• Green Tea – You can consider adding green tea to your diet. It contains an antioxidant known as catechins, which help to increase liver function and helps to get rid of impurities. Antioxidants are good as they destroy free radicals before they can cause any damage. You can substitute it for colas and other caffeine beverages.
• Grapefruit – It is rich in nutrients and fibre and make for a great detox punch. It helps the liver to burn up fat while infusing the other organs with nutrients. It is one of the best known detox foods.
• Kale – It comprises a number of nutrients and works to cleanse the kidneys. It contains several antioxidants and is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties, essential minerals and vitamins.
• Lemon – Lemon juice is one of the top detox foods. You can just add lemon juice to water and drink it to flush the toxin. It also helps with your digestion.
• Water – It is an overlooked way of removing toxins from the body. Keep in mind to always keep your body hydrated. This is crucial to get rid of impurities.
While you are on a detox diet, make sure to avoid alcohol. It has a toxic effect on the liver and will sabotage all your detox efforts. Completely cut off the alcohol while you are on a detox program. Beverages that contain caffeine dehydrate the body. It also causes the liver to work overtime. You would need to drink a lot of water to get rid of the dehydrating effects. Therefore, it is best to just stay away from them when you are on a detox program.
Excessive sugar in the natural detox diet will also create excess stress and will disturb your detox efforts. Stay away from candies, chocolates and sweets for some time when you are on a diet. Avoid overeating. When you load your digestive system it can cause toxin accumulation. Stop when you start to feel full.
You can include as many foods mentioned here as possible to flush out toxins from the body. You can come up with your own detox plan that works well with you and makes you feel healthy and good.
If you are thinking of going for a body detox diet, it is important to consult your doctor first. Also, keep in mind the possible side effects. Detox diets that need fasting can sometimes lead to fatigue. Fasting for a long period of time can lead to mineral and vitamin deficiencies. Keep in mind that fasting for a long time is not the right long-term solution. The best way to go is to include a healthy diet for a good detox.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Tips to Balance Your Hormones to Get Rid of Acne - March 12, 2019
- Connection between Oily Skin & Acne - March 6, 2019
- Know these Few Reasons If Eyelashes Are Falling Out - March 4, 2019