Sight is regarded as the most precious gifts to us yet many of us are unaware on the fact of how to increase their vision with the help of food.
Our food can play a major role to preserve and protect good vision. Millions of people all around the world are afflicted with age-related cataracts and macular degeneration, which is one of the major reasons of blindness in the world today.
Several studies have found that foods that contain nutrients such as zeaxanthin and lutein can help decrease the risk of several eye diseases. Also, a diet that contains beta carotene, vitamin C ad E, omega-3 fatty acids and zinc have been found to work wonders to help avoid age-related eye disorders.
If you are wondering how to improve vision, here are some food sources that you must consider including in your everyday diet to help enhance eyesight.
• Kale – The vegetable contains vitamins and antioxidants, beta-carotene and other essential nutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin that make it a great food to improve your eyesight. Apart from kale, other green vegetables such as collard greens, spinach and broccoli are also helpful in preventing loss of vision. The best advice is to eat as many leafy greens as possible during the day. While cooking, make sure not to overcook them as this can lead to losing of some valuable nutrients.
• Garlic – Garlic offers protection to the eye lens and is excellent to help prevent eye diseases and cataracts as you grow old. Apart from improving eyesight, garlic is also helpful for overall well-being and offers a host of other benefits.
• Carrots – Carrots are rich in beta-carotene that saves the eye from sun damage and is excellent for your retina. If you are keen to sharpen your vision and stop it from getting worse, adding this food to your diet can help you to improve naturally your eyesight to a great extent.
• Nuts – Peanuts, cashews, and almonds are all loaded with omega-3 fatty acids. They work very well to prevent dry eyes and other eye issues as you age. A handful of nuts a day is good for your eyes.
• Avocados – Avocados are rich in lutein, and the nutrient helps improve eyesight and decreases your chances of developing cataracts or any other eye diseases. Avocados are one of the most nutrient-rich fruits in the world. They also pack a host of other essential eye nutrients including vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin B6.
• Dark chocolate – As per some studies, dark chocolate is good for your vision. It is rich in flavonoids that offer protection to the blood vessels in the eyes. This in turn leads to a strong lens and strong cornea.
• Bilberries – This is a must have fruit for people who are keen to maintain good eye health. The berries comprise anthocyanosis that comprise anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that decrease chances of poor vision. Some other antioxidant-rich berries including blueberries, cranberries and strawberries are also valuable sources of nutrition that can also help to enhance eyesight.
• Kidney beans – They are rich in zinc and are helpful in the proper functioning of the enzymes that are good for eye health. It is excellent to help prevent cataract and macular degeneration.
Poor eyesight can severely impact our life. Without proper vision, we will not be able to engage in several daily activities. Include these super foods in your diet today to enhance your eyesight naturally. Do not wait till it is too late and you require corrective measures to improve your eyesight. These foods are not only less expensive than eye treatments and surgeries but are also tasty and good for your overall health.
Apart from including these foods mentioned above, it is best if you can avoid the following foods for better eye health such as trans fats, sugar, refined flour, foods that contain high glycemic index and monosodium glutamate. These foods can harm your eyes when taken in excess and can cause major eye issues such as glaucoma.
If you are thinking how to improve eyesight, it’s good to include as many as possible in the daily diet. Apart from taking these foods, you can take eye vitamins at least twice a day. However, it is best to consult your doctor first before you take any supplements. With the right food and proper care, you can be assured of good eye health at all times.
Latest posts by Amelia Smith (see all)
- Fighting Erectile Dysfunction with the Right Medicine - November 22, 2017
- 5 Foods with Vitamin D to Reduce Asthma Attack Risk - November 17, 2017
- Understanding Low Testosterone - November 13, 2017