Diabetes is one of the most epidemic diseases in this modern time and with a healthy lifestyle & proper diet one can keep the sugar levels in control. Keeping the blood sugar level close to normal is the only way to which you can avoid many other health issues that accompany a person with high sugar levels/diabetes. There are various side effects of diabetes like:
- Digestive problems
- Vision difficulties
- Inflammation of joints
- Kidney diseases, etc.
The various symptoms that denote, you have a high blood sugar level. Symptoms of diabetes may include:
- Blurred vision
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
The person may feel some symptoms of diabetes, divided into two parts:
- Whole-body symptoms that include hunger, fatigue or increased thirst
- Common symptoms include vision difficulties, poor wound healing, frequent urination urge and weight gain
Diabetes treatment for type-2 Diabetes is not that hard and you can easily control your blood sugar levels at home only without taking diabetes medication. Hence, management of diabetes is not in the pills, but it is very easily possible by adopting a healthy lifestyle.
- Consume Smaller Meals in a day– Try to spread your meals into 5 or 6 smaller meals throughout the day, rather than having the usual 3 larger meals in a day. By following this routine your body will remain active as the digestive processes of the body will increase and it will result in an increase of insulin sensitivity.
- Take help from Chewing gums- the chewing gum is one of the easiest ways to keep your mouth busy and actually reduce your hunger pangs. Chewing a gum is an ideal way to fool your mind that it is deprived of food and thus help us to crave less about food. You must also keep it in check to note the time when you chew the gum and you must also try to opt for those gums that are either sugar-free or have sugar in moderation.
- Cut down your caffeine intake – For some people, caffeine in the form of tea/coffee is a necessity, but they forget that it can have a major impact your blood sugar level as a patient with diabetes. If you can’t do without caffeine then you can have your coffee without sugar or you can reduce the intake of sugar to very less quantities in your tea or coffee.
- Include more Fruits and Vegetables in your diet– Having fruits and vegetables in your daily diet is a very important dietary habit and this element is a necessity in itself for those people who are suffering from diabetes and are trying to keep it in control. Including new fruits and vegetables in your diet will help you to keep a check on your sugar levels and it can thus help to decide that which fruit is suitable to take in diabetes and which is not.
- Include a little Splash of Vinegar– Vinegar is still not known to many people as a diabetes medication as it can bring down the blood sugar levels to a good amount. If you take a spoonful of vinegar and add it to your salads, etc. Then it can help you to reduce your blood sugar levels back to normal. Vinegar works by inhibiting the digestion of starch that can reduce post-meal sugar levels in the body by 40%.
So, sidelining the misconception that diabetes treatment is not possible, you can just follow any of the above tips and keep your diabetes in control.
Latest posts by Amelia Smith (see all)
- Six Natural Ways to Treat Erectile Dysfunction - July 21, 2017
- Five Fiber Rich Foods for Human Health - July 17, 2017
- Cancer Could be Manageable Just like Diabetes & High Blood Pressure - July 12, 2017