With so many birth control methods, finding effectiveness and ease of use can confuse many. Finding the best birth control pill online is quite easy. This guide is designed to provide you with a quick overview of options. But it is still important to consult a clinician to know how to use each type of birth control pill. For more information, fix an appointment with a health care expert.
Contraceptive methods are typically grouped as hormonal (such as progestin-only pills or estrogen-progestin patches) or nonhormonal (condoms, diaphragms), long-acting (such as IUDs) or short-acting (such as tablets) methods.
What are birth control pills?
If you wish to try birth control pills, you are not alone. Birth control pills are the most popular contraceptives. Also, they are extremely effective and easy to use. A wide range of birth control pills are available, and it isn’t easy to choose one. Fortunately, they are divided into some categories to understand these options better.
Types of birth control pills
- Combination birth control pills – This pill combines both estrogen and progestin. A wide range of combination pills must be chosen depending on how often you want periods and those hormones that suit you.
- Minipill – Minipil birth control contains only progestin; it doesn’t offer as many choices as combination pills. In each pack, all the tablets contain the same amount of progestin and are active. The amount of progestin in mini pill birth control is lower than in any combination contraceptive pill.
Combination contraceptive pills are available in different mixtures of active and inactive pills. These are used depending on how often you have periods:
- Conventional – Two types of conventional packs of birth control are available 21 active pills and seven inactive pills, 24 or 4 inactive pills.
- Continuous or extended cycle – These birth control packs carry 84 active and seven inactive pills. Bleeding occurs only four times a year while taking inactive tablets. A product that contains only active pills to eliminate bleeding is also available.
Combination types of contraceptive pills are also divided as per the dose of hormones in the active pills.
- Monophasic – Each active pill carries the same estrogen and progestin as this birth control pill.
- Multiphasic – The amount of hormones in active pills varies in this combination formulation.
Most combination types of birth control pills have around 10 to 35 micrograms of ethinyl estradiol, a type of estrogen. Women with hypersensitivity to hormones may benefit from receiving a tablet with estrogen at the lower end of this range. However, experts suggest low-dose pills may contribute to more breakthrough bleeding and spotting between periods than higher-dose pills.
Consult your healthcare provider and buy the recommended birth control pill online at the best price. Make sure you get what your healthcare specialist has prescribed to you. Choose a reliable drugstore and place your order for your oral contraceptives online. You will surely get huge discounts and exciting deals online.
How do different birth contraceptive pills work?
Combination pills help to prevent your ovaries from releasing an egg. They are also known to slow the egg’s progress through the fallopian tubes, thicken cervical mucus, and thin the uterus lining. All these activities help keep sperm from adhering to the egg. In some cases, the mini pill also suppresses ovulation.
Are all types of birth control pills suit everyone?
No, they are best prescribed by the doctor. Your doctor will ask about your medical history and the medicines you take to identify which contraceptive pill is appropriate for you. Your doctor may advise you not to use combination birth control pills if any of the following applies to you:
- Have just delivered a baby
- You are older than 35 years of age
- Have a blood clotting disease
- Have poorly controlled high blood pressure
- Have a history of stroke or heart disease
- Have a history of migraines with aura
- Have diabetes-related complications
- Have unexplained uterine bleeding
- Have liver or gallbladder disease
- Take anticonvulsants, ST. John’s wort, or tuberculosis medications
Minipil is contraindicated in women with breast cancer, liver diseases, unexplained uterine bleeding, anticonvulsants, and antituberculosis medicines.
What are the side effects and risks?
While birth control pills are safe for most people, some people have birth control pills side effects such as nausea, headaches, nausea, breast tenderness, decreased sex drive, abnormal cramping, increase in vaginal discharge, abdominal cramping, bleeding, or spotting between periods.
If you develop side effects of birth control pills, they will improve after a few months of using them; you should speak to your doctor. They may recommend different types of birth control pills. You can buy birth control pills online at best price.
Contraceptive counselling should involve providing evidence-based information on the safety, effectiveness, pros, and cons of all methods of contraception. This allows women to choose based on their preferences and medical advice. This birth control guide provides high-level information about different birth control options.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Demystifying Ivermectin: Uses, Effectiveness, and Safety Concerns - February 20, 2024
- Is Buying Triluma Cream Online Safe? A Guide to Reputable Retailers - February 20, 2024
- Lonitab 5mg: A Detailed Guide for Managing Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) - February 20, 2024