The cannabis plant has a wide range of uses, which makes it a beneficial plant. It is useful in healing cancer and other deadly diseases. The plant is more than just a popular recreational drug; it is a life-saving plant.
Marijuana and Hemp- The cannabis plant
Hemp seeds are full of protein and nutrients, they are considered as super foods. Hemp is a variety of cannabis and is non-psychoactive.
Marijuana typically refers to cannabis, which is a recreational drug.
Cannabis as medicine
Cannabis has been used for decades. The plant contains hundreds of components, including cannabinoids, which provides most of its medicinal properties. Cannabinoids are also present in other plants as well and interact with the endocannabinoid system of the body.
This body’s system has a direct impact on central nervous system (CNS) and immune system (body’s defense system). The human body also produces its cannabinoids. One of the most popular cannabinoids is delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is known to cause a change in thinking, hyper-relaxation, hallucinations, psychomotor impairment, and delusions. The compound comes along with the following properties:
- Fights cancer
- Muscle relaxant
- Improves chemotherapy side effects
- Increases appetite
- Improves the symptoms of insomnia
- Manages chronic pain associated with deadly diseases
- Improves multiple sclerosis
- Treats neurodegenerative disorders
- Treats Chron’s disease
The cannabis medicinal properties can be enjoyed by using raw cannabis leaves.
Another popular cannabinoid is CBD (cannabidiol), which works as a non-psychoactive medicine. It is the main active component present in cannabis oil. It is useful in relieving the symptoms of the following health conditions:
- Mental illness
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Tourette’s syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Parkinson’s syndrome
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Huntington’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Some cannabinoids come in the form of oral sprays. If you don’t want to use cannabis in the form of medicine, it is best to take out its juice and drink. You can also make cannabis oil use it to get enjoy its benefits.
Cancer and Cannabis
There is evidence that cannabis plays a significant role in preventing tumor growth. It may be a promising therapeutic target in cancer therapy. It has been found that various cannabinoids in cannabis plant have a variety of effects, including:
- Inhibiting cell division
- Preventing new blood vessels from growing into cancerous tumors
- Inducing cell death
- Prevent abnormal cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
Studies show that cannabis can be used as a treatment for cancer cells.
Cancer and marijuana
According to studies, Marijuana can help in managing the following:
- Pain-Marijuana acts as a pain reliever like an opioid. It is effective in treating individuals with cancer-related pain. Its anti-inflammatory properties help to ease pain and inflammation associated with cancer. Some medical treatment includes marijuana and opioids.
- Nausea and vomiting-Cancer patients often experience nausea and vomiting as an adverse effect of chemotherapy. Numerous medications available in the market to treat these symptoms. An FDA-approved cannabinoid called Dronabinol is utilized for this purpose. In addition, clinical research determines that marijuana is equally effective in treating cancer-related nausea and vomiting.
- Neuropathy-Neuropathy or nerve damage is among one of the complications of chemotherapy land other cancer treatments. A cancer patient with neuropathy may often experience numbness, burning sensation in the hands, weakness, tingling in the hands and feet. Marijuana has been shown to provide relief from neuropathy.
- Anorexia-Cancer patients also experience loss of appetite or weight loss. The problem is often accompanied by fatigue and a reduction in functional abilities. Studies that demonstrate the efficacy of marijuana plant as a medicinal plant here is limited. However, the plant may improve the appetite of a cancer patient.
- Stops the growth of certain tumors-It has been demonstrated that marijuana is effective in slowing down the progression of cancer disease. It works by preventing the growth of certain tumors in the body. Till date, there are no human trials conducted to study the antineoplastic effects of marijuana or can be used for the treatment of cancer. But various studies have shown a link between marijuana, recreational drug and the development of certain cancerous tumors.
More clinical researches are needed to fully understand the cannabis medicinal properties for a cancer cure.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- What is the main cause of ED? - August 16, 2017
- What are the symptoms and how do you know if you have Diabetes? - August 11, 2017
- Know the Difference Between Good v/s Bad Carbohydrates - August 7, 2017