Everyone poops and if your poop is not healthy, it can be a great indication of an unhealthy digestive system. If you follow a healthy diet plan along with an active lifestyle and remain hydrated, you will poop regularly.
If you don’t poop properly for a long time, waste material in your colon accumulated and lead to various health issues. There are many different reasons that can lead to constipation and varies from person to person.
Constipation is one of the common health problems in many peoples. It can be caused by:
- Taking medications like antidepressants or painkillers,
- Having medical issues like inflammatory bowel disease or hypothyroidism,
- Other in-controllable factors
However, in most of the people, it is caused by improper eating habits. Constipation treatment is possible by making some changes in the choice of food that you eat. There are some super foods that will eventually help you when you’re suffering from constipation and are considered as a constipation cure:
- Oatmeal– Oatmeal is known as one of the richest sources of both types of fiber whether it is soluble or insoluble fiber. A cup of dry oats contains 4 grams of insoluble and 4 grams of soluble fiber. Insoluble fiber plays a vital role by adding bulk to stool and helping food to pass more quickly through the stomach and intestines. While, on the other hand, soluble fiber gets dissolved in water and forms a gel-like material. Both types of fiber work together to bulk up the stool by making it soft and easier to pass. It helps with digestive issues and supports the heart health.
- Water- Drinking enough water is also equally important along with consuming fiber and doing regular exercise to get instant constipation relief. Water helps stool move easily through the colon. The main function of the colon is to reabsorb water effectively. If you are not taking enough water, you will become dehydrated and this will make your stool harder and more difficult to pass. So, it is very important to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day and fill up on foods that have a high water content. H20 has many health benefits and we can’t ignore it. It not only keeps you hydrated but also helps you by making your bowel movements more regular.
- Prunes- Prunes, also known as dried plums are well known as a super food. These prunes are known as a major source of fiber. A single prune contains about 1 gram of fiber and is enough to provide the essential amount of fiber. They are also enriched with fructans and sorbitol, that are fermentable sugars that can have a laxative effect.
- Kiwis- One disadvantage of eating fruits is that they contain a lot of fruit sugar (fructose) that can cause gas. That’s why most of the health professionals suggest taking high-fiber and low-sugar fruits that don’t bring on the bloated stomach, like kiwi. A full cup of kiwi contains 5 grams of fiber. The fruit is also a good source of vitamin C.
- Flax Seeds- Just one tablespoon of flaxseeds contains 2.8 grams of soluble fiber. It may sound like a little, but the best advantage of taking flax seeds is that they can be added into everyday meals for a fiber punch. You can add a scoop to smoothies, oatmeal, or salad.
Follow the constipation remedies to improve your digestive system health. These are the natural remedies for constipation that can be easily followed at your home.
Latest posts by Amelia Smith (see all)
- How to Survive a Heart Attack? - March 7, 2019
- Can Constipation Make You Fat? - March 5, 2019
- Few Tips to Choose the Best Doctor for Your Skin Disease - March 1, 2019