Most of us have heard about the immense benefits of honey and cinnamon when used as a combination. When honey and cinnamon are combined in certain proportions, they cure many conditions. This amazing combination has been used for centuries to promote general well-being and cure many conditions and ailments. The two ingredients with unique healing abilities have a long history of being used as a home remedy. Cinnamon is an old spice known to humankind, and honey’s popularity has continued throughout history.
Cinnamon’s essential oils and honey’s enzymes can help stop the growth of bacteria and fungi. These are not only used as beverage flavoring and medicine but also as an embalming agent used as alternatives to traditional food preservatives due to their antimicrobial properties. The benefits of cinnamon and honey are numerous; the combination is a powerful antibiotic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory remedy.
10 Ways Honey and Cinnamon Can Improve Your Health
The combination is one of the most powerful natural cures for numerous diseases and provides other health benefits too. Check out the major benefits of honey and cinnamon:
- Arthritis: There is a range of honey and cinnamon benefits. Let’s start with arthritis patients; these ingredients are known to have anti-inflammatory properties. Make a paste with honey, lukewarm water, and a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Massage the paste into the itching part of the body, and the pain and swelling will subside within 15 minutes.
- Hair Loss or Baldness: To prevent hair loss, make a paste with warm olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply the paste to your scalp and keep it on for about 15 minutes.
- Toothache: Mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder with 5 teaspoons of honey and apply it to the aching tooth 3 times daily. It will reduce the pain within 15 minutes after each application.
- High blood pressure and Cholesterol: The combination of 2 tablespoons of honey, 3 teaspoons of cinnamon powder and 16 ounces of black tea has been proven to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Common or Severe Colds: Mix 1 tablespoon of lukewarm honey with teaspoon of cinnamon powder and take this paste daily for 3 days. This has been proven to cure most chronic coughs, colds, and sinuses.
- Infertility: About 2 tablespoons of honey with cinnamon powder each day before going to bed is prescribed to men and women who have a problem with fertility.
- Upset Stomach: Consume cinnamon and honey in equal quantities if you suffer from gas problems.
- Youthful Skin: The health benefits of cinnamon and honey also include slowing down the ageing process. Use 4 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder with 3 cups of tea and a drink cup 3 times a day, and you will start to notice your skin getting revitalized.
- Heal Coughs: For curing cold and cough, use 2 teaspoons of honey mixed with lukewarm water and cinnamon. You can gargle this concoction to relax and heal the throat muscles.
- Weight Loss: After the above surprising cinnamon honey benefits, these ingredients also help you shed some extra pounds. The combination of water cinnamon honey prevents fat accumulation in the body, despite you consuming a high-calorie diet regularly. Drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled with one cup of water on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Doing this regularly will decrease your weight. However, there isn’t much conclusive evidence that the combination can help with weight loss.
Hot water cinnamon and honey benefits are proven to cure several illnesses. Cinnamon is an amazing antioxidant and helps balance blood sugar, while honey fights bacteria. Besides being an amazing potential cure for so many illnesses, the sweet fragrance of honey and cinnamon is also a perfect match for the palate. Water cinnamon honey is one of the easiest drinks to prepare. It helps increase metabolism and control blood pressure and is believed to reduce blood sugar levels. Honey and cinnamon extracts have properties that can improve your overall health. However, currently, there is no evidence to show honey and cinnamon weight loss benefits.