The beauty and radiance of the skin directly depend on the health of our body and the food we eat. The lack of vitamins and minerals leads to problems such as acne, grey complexion, and loss of skin elasticity, which, in turn, provokes the appearance of new wrinkles. To maintain the skin health and its glow, we usually spend money on expensive cosmetic procedures than to balance the diet in such a way as to get necessary vitamins and minerals naturally.
Now the question arises that what to eat for glowing skin? So, here we have compiled a list to achieve skin glow without using any cosmetic product.
Best Food to Eat for Glowing Skin
Let’s figure out today how to diversify our menu to help the skin stay young, smooth, and radiant.
- Tomatoes: Almost all bright red and orange vegetables contain lycopene, which is an excellent antioxidant that protects our skin from free radicals and harmful ultraviolet radiation. The carotenoid lycopene is a natural pigment that gives the red color to tomato. The main advantage of tomatoes is that they retain all their beneficial properties even when cooked.
- Red bell pepper: Another representative of red vegetables that are good for our skin is the red bell pepper. In addition to lycopene, which was mentioned earlier, it is also rich in vitamin C – its content here is even higher than in oranges. As you know, vitamin C also has a powerful antioxidant effect. We recommend adding this juicy vegetable to salads and snacks.
- Carrots: Another vegetable that maintains skin health and beauty are carrots. The main advantage of carrot is the high content of vitamin A and beta-carotene along with vitamins C and E, help fight uneven skin color and pigmentation, as well as slow down the aging process.
- Citrus: It is difficult to pick the most useful one from citrus fruits since all of them are effective in maintaining the beauty of skin and used in skincare products also. Orange, lime, lemon – all of them contain a large amount of vitamin C, help cleanse the skin pores from the inside and fight against traces of acne. Nutritionists recommend drinking a glass of water with lemon juice and honey in the morning empty stomach works best for skin glow.
- Apples: A Fruit that is available at any time of the year to help maintain the beauty of the skin is an apple. The fair number of vitamins and microelements is found in the peel, which is why we recommend that special attention be paid to the quality of the fruit to be able to eat it unpeeled. In addition, apples improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, which, in turn, helps to reduce the number of skin rashes.
- Watermelon: Watermelon not only helps satisfy your thirst on a hot day but also moisturizes the skin epidermis from the inside. It is known that maintaining water balance is essential for healthy and glowing skin. In addition, the watermelon contains vitamins A and C, which contribute to a fresh look at the face.
- Strawberries: Strawberry is a unique berry that combines many immediately beneficial skin properties. Firstly, due to its composition, it slows down the inflammatory processes in the body, including the skin. Therefore, if you suffer from acne, we recommend that you include strawberries in your diet. Secondly, the high content of vitamin C strengthens blood vessels and promotes collagen production. Third, this berry contains ellagic acid, which minimizes the harmful effects of sunlight.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate is an ideal source of ellagic acid. This substance has not only one of the most powerful antioxidant effects but also is responsible for the regeneration of skin cells. If you consume pomegranate or pomegranate juice regularly, you will slow down all aging processes in the body. Also, the pomegranate contains about 15 amino acids, which are synthesized into protein, which, in turn, is the main building material for skin cells.
- Nuts: A special place nuts occupy skin-friendly food. In addition to omega-3 fatty acids, nuts are rich in vitamin E, which protects against the harmful effects of the environment. It also contains coenzyme, the production of which in the body itself slows down with age. The combination of all these components will help speed up the regeneration processes and preserve youth.
- Olive oil: No wonder olive oil is considered as a potion to retain youth. It contains a record amount of useful fatty acids and vitamin E, which restore the skin, protect it from dryness and peeling, contribute to faster healing of the upper layers of the epidermis. Do not forget that the components of olive oil nourish skin, making it smooth and supple naturally.
You can also consult a dietician on what to eat for glowing skin that offers the best results to your skin types.
Other Alternative for Glowing Skin
There are lots of skincare products available in the market that contributes to maintaining healthy and glowing skin. Choose cosmetics that contain tretinoin as the skin specialist recommends an active ingredient for acne-free skin.