Having hormonal acne as an adult can be depressing, and the treatment can be pretty frustrating. This is because there is a number of factors behind the development of these and it is quite difficult to pinpoint the exact cause which is responsible. For those suffering from hormonal acne, it doesn’t matter what type of skin care routine they are following or are they eating a well-balanced diet, or on the pill, this stubborn acne still disturbs despite your best efforts. For such people, their clear skin motive should revolve around on how to correct hormonal imbalance. Some have an annoying tendency to become stressed too easily. Lots of stress means lots of oil products which means lots of acne. It is challenging for such people to reverse the habit most of the time. It takes time and effort to determine the role of hormones and their function in the body. The process is quite complex, and it seems difficult to deal with for most people when trying to tackle their hormonal acne. You can buy acne products online for quick relief from your acne. Try Tretinoin cream, the best acne medication online to get rid of acne. Once you are able to figure out hormones and how they correlate with acne, you will have better knowledge over the concern and cure your breakouts, though you still have to manage stress.
Culprits of Hormonal Imbalance
The most cause of hormonal imbalance includes poor digestion, emotional or physical stress, sleeping less, too low or too high physical activity level. Work on yourself and determine which one the culprit of your hormonal problem and start is improving them. It not only improve the appearance of your hormonal acne but also improve your overall health.
Symptoms of Hormonal Acne and Causes of Breakouts
The most common symptoms experienced by individuals with hormonal acne is an overproduction of oil. The excess production of oil contributes to the development of acne and other associated skin problems such as whiteheads, pimples, blackheads, and an overall oily appearance.
The major causes of excess oil production are:
- Toxicity in the body which may occur due to poor diet, low quality sleep, lack of physical activity, the presence of a chemical in the environment, and poor lymph drainage.
- Excessive production of androgen hormones
Ways to balance hormones to get a clear acne free skin
- Reduce stress- Stress has a great impact on hormones and acne, so don’t ignore your stress. If you stress a lot, then you must know that whenever you are stressed, your body pumps out a large amount of a stress hormone called cortisol. More cortisol in your body increases the production of androgen hormones that are considered as one of the major causes of acne.
- Eat foods that do not disturb sugar balance in your system- Sugar fluctuations are a result of junk or processed food consumption. Such food creates sugar spikes which creates stress on the body. Therefore, eliminate or reduce foods that creates sugar spike, such foods are white flour products, potatoes, and rice. Include more green vegetables, potatoes, and grains like quinoa.
- Include fatty acids in your diet- essential fatty acids are known to reduce inflammation, reduce androgens and hence balance hormones. If you are dealing with acne, you might be EFAs deficient. You can get healthy fats from flax oil, extra virgin olive oil, avocados, nuts, coconut oil, high-quality fish oils, borage oil etc. You should be avoiding fats like sunflower seed oil, vegetable oil, and canola oil as they contain high levels of omega 6 fatty acids that are believed to inflammation in the body.
- Increase intake of vitamins and minerals- take foods that contain vitamin A, B, C, magnesium, zinc, and chromium.
- Add antiandrogens in your diet- to gain control over your hormone-related acne, sip out green tea, and spearmint tea.
Healing hormonal acne takes time, but once your hormones are balanced, the wait will be worth it.