Obesity and pregnancy have been associated with each other for a very long time and it is feared that obesity may cause many kinds of childbirth related complications. Today’s fast lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits have resulted in increased rates of obesity in women of childbearing age.
According to several surveys done around the world, many women who are in their reproductive age and are obese are facing problems like breastfeeding initiation and production of first milk.
Lactogenesis is a process of production of milk by the mammary glands of the mother post delivery. It usually occurs within three days of delivery. Pre-pregnancy obesity and excessive gestational weight gain is often related to delayed lactogenesis. In such cases, it is also evident that the mother is most probably going to cease the breastfeeding too early.
It is thus very necessary to understand the importance of a healthy lifestyle to maintain a healhty weight for women of reproductive age, especially.
Fighting obesity is difficult, especially for women who have more fat around belly and thigh region. Obesity must never be taken as a single health issue as it often comes with the increased risk of many other health related issues such as hypertension, heart problem, breathing difficulty and reproductive health issue. To keep your body weight under control, it is necessary to have a healthy diet rich of nutrients instead of having a calorie rich diet.
If you are able to lose 10-20 percent of your weight then you might be able to lower the risk of such diseases. All you need is a combination of diet, exercise, and nutritional behavior change and weight loss supplements.
Weight loss supplements:
A wide variety of weight loss supplement products are available in the market and you can find the products online too. They come in a variety of forms, such as capsules, tablets, liquids, powders, and bars. Many claim that the supplements work by reducing the absorption of micronutrients in the body, reduce appetite and increase the metabolic activity of the body. The major ingredients used in weight loss pills/supplements are mainly the dietary fiber and caffeine. In some of the variants, you may also find the presence of herbal components.
Dietary supplements are not considered as drugs by USFDA and hence the supplement manufacturers are responsible for determining the safety of these supplements for weight loss.
The weight loss pills contain a variety of ingredients and the common one are:
- Caffeine: increases fat oxidation
- Calcium: decrease fat absorption
- Chitosan: binds the dietary fat in intestine
- White kidney bean: it acts like a starch blocker and interferes in the absorption of carbohydrates
- Raspberry ketone: interferes in fat absorption levels
- Green tea: reduces fat absorption and increases metabolism
Women who are concerned about losing extra pounds much seek an advice from their health care provider before taking any supplement. It is necessary for him/her to know your medical background before suggesting the use of any weight loss pills.
Weight loss Diet for obese women:
A high BMI in women can invite the presence of unwanted health issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. You can lose weight by consuming low calories, somewhere between 1000-1200 calories per day. The nutritional supplements will help to balance the presence of any necessary vitamins or minerals that are left out.
Some important health related tips:
- Limit the intake of fats by taking more of Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and reducing the intake of saturated fats and transfats. Monounsaturated fats are found in olive oil and avocado whereas polyunsaturated fats are found in walnuts and fish. Sources of saturated fats are meat, dairy products and that of trans fats are processed foods.
- Limit your carbohydrate intake to 55 percent of calories that you take in a day. Avoid refined grain products like white bread and take more of whole grains.
Latest posts by Max Jones (see all)
- Top 9 Reasons for Hair Loss in Women - July 13, 2018
- Progynova for Menopause Relief - July 9, 2018
- Careprost Eye Drops – The Ultimate Formula for Eyelash Growth - July 7, 2018