The Hair loss is that condition that can affect the scalp or the entire body. Not only men, but women too can experience it. When hair loss occurs more than the normal, then it results in baldness. Hair loss causes are many; it can be hereditary, due to the medical problem, poor diet or any medication that doesn’t suit. Where men often take the issue lightly, a woman needs to cover their head with either makeup, wigs or hats.
One can now choose the effective hair loss treatment from amongst the hair remedies, medication, and surgical procedure. But before going for any of the treatment, make sure you know the exact cause and type of hair loss you suffer.
Detailing different types of hair loss and symptoms:
- Male and female pattern baldness- The male pattern baldness becomes noticeable around the late twenties or early thirties. This kind of hair loss follows a set pattern. At the start, there is a usual receding hairline, plus thinning of the hair at the crown and temples. In the case of women, the hair thins as the age progress, and it starts losing from the head top.
- Alopecia Areata- Alopecia Areata is a type of hair loss that appears on the scalp and can go to any body part. In most cases, the hair starts to grow back in a few months. At the first, the hair grows fine and white in color and with time it gets thick and regain the normal, usual color.
- Anagen effluvium- Anagen effluvium is caused by chemotherapy (given during cancer treatment). In most of the cases, hair loss is noticed during the first few weeks of chemotherapy. Also in this type, hair loss can start from the scalp and go till body and face area.
- Telogen effluvium- There is widespread hair loss from the scalp in telogen effluvium. The hair may start feeling thinner than before, whereas other body hair won’t get affected.
Whatever be the cause of hair loss, there are effective natural home remedies that one can try. The home remedies are meant to prevent hair loss and control hair falling.
Home remedies to control hair loss:
1) Have Vitamins- Vitamins are good for health and more than that they are good for the hair too.
- Vitamin A- To prevent hair loss have vitamin A as it is meant to promote a healthy production of the sebum in the scalp. You can try sweet potatoes that are full of beta-carotene, and are useful in making hair healthy.
- Omega-3- Have omega-3 fatty acids for hair loss. The best examples include fatty fish, milk and egg yolks.
- Vitamin E and B- Vitamin E stimulates the blood circulation and in turn keeps the hair follicles productive. Vitamin B helps the body in producing melanin; that gives hair a healthy color.
2) Use Juices- Try using either garlic, onion or ginger juice. Massage the scalp with one of the juice and leave it overnight. Wash off the next morning. Using these juices often will slow down the process of hair falling and ultimately leads to shiny and strong hair.
3) Green tea- Tea is rich in antioxidants and is beneficial for the hair health. You just need to brew two bags of green tea in one cup of water. Leave it as it cools down. Apply nicely to the hair and rinse off after one hour.
Medical treatment for hair loss:
There are several drugs that can prevent hair loss and are approved by the Food and Drug Administration:
- Minoxidil- This is an over the counter liquid that helps to prevent hair loss. It is available in a 2 percent and 5 percent solution. The solution has to be rubbed into the scalp two times daily for better hair growth.
- Finasteride- Finasteride is a common prescription drug used for the treatment of male pattern baldness. One has to take this medication daily for useful results. Rare side effects of finasteride are: decreased sex drive and sexual function.
Then we have surgical procedures that can be done on the doctor’s recommendation:
- Hair transplants- In hair transplant surgery, the surgeon will remove the tiny plugs of skin each that contains a few hairs from the back or side of the scalp. These plugs, then get implanted into the bald area.
- Scalp reduction- In this, surgically the bald skin on the head is removed. When the hairless scalp is removed, the doctor closes space with hair- covered scalp. This surgery can prove to be painful, but it will undoubtedly solve the problem of hair loss.
Hair loss can target both male and female, but following the right treatment, and on time according to the type of hair loss can bring back the life on track like before.
Latest posts by Amelia Smith (see all)
- Can Careprost Solution Help Regrow Eyelashes? - October 3, 2018
- List of Vitamin a Benefits and Limits for Your Skin - September 25, 2018
- Use Careprost Eye Drops for Fuller Eyelashes - September 21, 2018